Looking for a gun smith who works on air rifles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    My dad has an old Benjamin Air rifle model 317. I'm looking to take it to a gun smith for him and have it fixed. I don't think it holds air when you pump it. If he could restore it, that would be great too.

Im in Lafourche Parish. I already called Ed Delorge and he doesn't work on air rifles.

At worse I can attempt to do it myself.

Edit*found a lead on a Mr Chris Bassett in Shreveport. I'll give him a call.

Last edited:

tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    Old Benjamin

My dad has an old Benjamin Air rifle model 317. I'm looking to take it to a gun smith for him and have it fixed. I don't think it holds air when you pump it. If he could restore it, that would be great too.

Im in Lafourche Parish. I already called Ed Delorge and he doesn't work on air rifles.

At worse I can attempt to do it myself.

Edit*found a lead on a Mr Chris Bassett in Shreveport. I'll give him a call.

The older (pre 1995) Benjamin rifles used a soldered-in lead-seal valve. Need special tools to replace and even then is tricky. There are people who can do it, but it will cost at least $75. The newer Benjamins (by Crosman) use a brass self-contained valve unit that can be easily replaced by removing a couple screws, and costs $17.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    The older (pre 1995) Benjamin rifles used a soldered-in lead-seal valve. Need special tools to replace and even then is tricky. There are people who can do it, but it will cost at least $75. The newer Benjamins (by Crosman) use a brass self-contained valve unit that can be easily replaced by removing a couple screws, and costs $17.
    Uhhh you have that backwards
    The pre 1995 rifles have a lead seal but it’s not soldered in. Honestly rebuilding these older Benjamin’s is pretty easy
    You can buy the special tool needed to remove the works and a rebuild kit for less than 40$
    There’s plenty of how to videos on YouTube
    I’ve done several and have several more to do.

Top Bottom