Can’t Keep a CRKT Knife

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Years ago my wife got me an original CRKT M16 folder. You know the one: OD green handles, tanto point, etc. I loved that thing. It was a bit large but still a good size. It opened quickly, locked up tight and it took a decent edge.

I swap knives a lot. I think it was gone for awhile before I noticed it was missing. I searched everywhere with no luck. Three years after moving I’m still rifling through boxes hoping to find the thing. I finally broke down and gave up in finding it.

Last week I noticed Academy has a smaller version. I forked out the +-$30 and happily carried it home. The liner lock was too stiff so I bent it enough to make closing the knife easier. They sharpened it by putting a single bevel at some ridiculous angle. I darn near ruined my coarse Lansky stone grinding a double bevel at 20 degrees. Finally I was happy with it.

I went to grab it the other day and guess what... I’ve searched my vehicle, change basket, night stand, workshop, laundry, sofa, etc. Yup, it’s gone.

Best I can figure it got caught on my seat belt and fell in some random parking lot. Either that or it’s on the ground in Big Branch NWR collecting leaves.

What’s driving nuts is that I don’t lose knives. Hell, I still have my “1st Production Run” Gerber E-Z-Out from 1995. Naturally any $5 gas station knife I have will go to my great grandchildren... I guess I’m cursed when it comes to CRKT. :mad:

I typically carry my knife in my back pocket. Has anyone had issues losing belt-clip knives that way? I’m fixing to start using the front pocket.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I got a buddy who routinely carrys in his back pocket... And he gets a new knife about every 3 months... if that helps, lol that's with a lot of saves/finds from us along the way

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    I just started carrying in the back pocket, so far, so good. But the Benchmade I carry has a pretty tight clip and it would take a lot for it to fall out. :)

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    I think that’s been my saving grace in the past. Typically I bend my belt clips so they are tighter. This last knife was real tight so I figured it was GTG.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    Always been a right front pocket carrier---been carrying the same three blade Buck for way more years than
    I can remember---it's been left on the work bench or missed placed for a day or two so many times but never
    totally lost---I've not been so lucky with other trivial items though ---No I do not consider my EDC Buck trivial---

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    When you say M16, is it at all like this?

fb6323ea3973be0d5f3bb052215fa4d7.jpg

8d390fc99c8c6882f354319735bea78b.jpg

Last edited:

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    I've been carrying my kershaw chive for 20 years, right front pocket. I've tried carrying others but lose them all when I do. I only buy kershaws now, and all but the chive stays in my gun cabinet except for hunting season. Only way they stay put.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Nice. Always been front pocket. The only knife I have lost over the years was a very nice Spanish folder gifted from my mother, that was stolen by UN security in NYC. They refused to give it back, and they guilt shamed me because they determined it was not a Boy Scout knife. Still makes my blood boil. If only I had the same luck with 8mm wrenches..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom