Can’t Keep a CRKT Knife

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saxmanson

Hardly Newbie
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Jan 3, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Side pocket carry for me too versus back pocket, from a retention standpoint. My USA-made lightweight pocket-clip version of the Buck 110 has been at my side for just over a year (a Xmas 2018 gift to myself) whether wearing blue jeans or dress pants, and so far the clip is tight and strong.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2019
    Madisonville, LA
    You are not riding alone in your woes with CRKT! I picked up a CRKT Anubis over 10 years ago andloved the weight, the feel, the edge, everything about it. Not even into a year of our journey...all I was able to find was theclip. The screws had backed out and theknife was gone, forever. About 7 yearsago I was gifted a Gerber Titanium that I still put in my front pocket to thisday. It’s not as heavy as the CRKT and Iwould love to pick up another...but that was over 80 bucks lost and I wont makethat mistake twice.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I usually remove the clip from a folder if It makes it to my EDC because I’m front pocket carry only. About a hundred years ago when I had to wear a pager for work/call it would catch and snag on nearly everything in my path. Had it on me one evening and ran to check my game cameras and got home without the pager. Went back out with a flashlight and had the wife calling it repeatedly. Found it 3 feet in the air, clipped on to a couple stems of goldenrod and briar I’d mowed through earlier. I can just see me losing a knife the same way.

Top Bottom