Taurus dropped their lifetime warranty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I purchased a scope mount base directly from Taurus for my Trackers a few years ago .
    Took my money , never got part . Called them every 30 days for 3 months , was told it'll be another 30 days .
    4th month I was told they got a shipment in and after everything went to distributers , they didn't have any left and it'd be another 60 days B4 another shipment came in .
    Really ??
    Demanded an immediate refund.
    Purchased a weigand tiny mount and had it installed (required tapping) a week later , completely voiding any warranty , and I could care less. I'd rather pay to have it repaired than deal with that crap again. Took another 90 days to get my refund.
    Also haven't purchased anything from Taurus since then.

I had a similar experience.

I had a Taurus PT22. It had a nylon buffer in the slide that disintegrated, dead lining the pistol.

I called Taurus, and they told me that part was not covered under warranty. They said the part cost $1, but shipping/handling was $9.99.

A month after placing my order I called. It was then I was told that the part was out of stock, and they were awaiting a shipment.

Another month goes by, same story.

Four months go by, and I'm told that yes, my part had arrived, but they were too busy doing an inventory to ship me my part.

It was almost six months before I got my part.

I installed the part, and gave the pistol away.

I will NEVER own another Taurus product.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom