Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

2020 Fitness Goals

What are everyone's health and fitness goals for the year?

I'll start! For the next 90 days, I plan to do the following per week:
    Bodyweight workouts weekly:
    Pushups 500
    Situps / Planks 300 / 30 min
    Squats 500
    Lunges 200
    Pistol Squats 60
    Cardio 15 miles / week

Numbers above are totals for the whole week, with the idea of breaking each exercise total up over three or four days. I created a spreadsheet for me to easily track this and keep myself accountable. Any week that I miss the above goals, I'll do 50 penalty burpees per segment missed.

Additionally, my goal is to drop 20 lbs by June 6th, which will get me down to about 9% bodyfat.

I may post in here every few weeks to keep myself even further accountable. Anyone want to jump in and do the same?
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Trying to work up to 250 miles cycling per week.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Lasagna View Post
    Trying to work up to 250 miles cycling per week.
    Damn, that's certainly a goal. How many days a week do you break that up over?
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Tagging so I do't lose the thread. I will write up my goals later and post them here.

Marksman

User Info Menu

1) Gonna aim to be alcohol free for a year.
    2) Get into cycling.
    3) Drop a few pounds.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Damn, that's certainly a goal. How many days a week do you break that up over?
    Six.
    I leave Sundays for family time and crocheting.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Getting up to cycling 100 miles a week.
    Running up to 20 miles a week.
    Not dehydrating myself.
    “You pick up a gun to shoot to kill. Or you don’t pick up a gun.”

Banned

User Info Menu

Going to continue from last year. Continue to meal prep eat clean, HIIT 4 days a week for an hour, and BJJ at least 3 days a week. Probably 2 days in gi, 1 Nogi. I'll incorporate some lifting into my HIIT, and game on. think I'll try to go from 285 to 250 this year. I'll also likely incorporate some of Stan Efferding's recipes into my meal prep this year as well. Most notably the Monster Mash, looks like it could be tasty.

Marksman

User Info Menu

So here we go.

Do a full 30 minutes at a 7mph pace before the end of the year. I am already at a 5MPH pace for 20 minutes and am not really exerting myself so should be doable.
    Get down to 240 this year. I am currently stuck at around 278 but am making some diet and exercise changes to get lower.
    If I can lose the weight quickly I will then go into bulk up phase and try to put some more muscle mass on and try to get to two plates on my bench press.
    Try to complete some pullups. This one will be the hardest one for me as I have had so many shoulder issues that I never really tried to do this before but my goal is to get some pullups added into my routine.

Last but not least I am on the lowest dose of blood pressure meds I can be on but I want to be off them by summer. This will require the gym and trying to lower external stresses in my life as well.

So last year ended on a good note for me. I had my yearly checkup and my cholesterol and A1C were right were they needed to be exactly in the middle of the good zone. No other issues with blood work. Other than slightly high blood pressure all was good and primary doc was happy.
    Last edited by shrxfn; January 8th, 2020 at 09:50 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Nah, exercise is dangerous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk