Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    1911 cool-aid drinker

User Info Menu

Thats awesomw Tat.

I didn't want to post anything because I hate failing every year which makes it harder to try again. So this year I just quitly cut out all sugar and went Keto on OMAD, last week I starting putting my concept 2 rower to use along with kettle bells and those big rubber bands.

12/28/19 247lbs
    2/1/20 222lbs

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kz45 View Post
    Thats awesomw Tat.

I didn't want to post anything because I hate failing every year which makes it harder to try again. So this year I just quitly cut out all sugar and went Keto on OMAD, last week I starting putting my concept 2 rower to use along with kettle bells and those big rubber bands.

12/28/19 247lbs
    2/1/20 222lbs
    Thanks buddy!

Congrats on getting back at it. I’m wanting a rower bad but not sure if it’s a good idea because of my lower back problems but running is definitely not a option because of my knees. I’ve been thinking about jumping on a bike and those big rubber bands myself.

Thanks

Marksman

User Info Menu

Congrats on getting to it guys.

BigTattoo if you have a gym membership try an elliptical. It's kind of like cross country skiing and easier on the knees.

Nice way to drop a quick 20lbs KZ.

Marksman

User Info Menu

So starting this week I have changed up the diet and how I work out at the gym.

I am now going for weight loss so stopped doing single muscle group workouts and am focusing on exercises that work multiple groups.

For example last night I did the treadmill for 55 minutes. 12 was warm-up and cooldown and the remaining time was done at a 10% incline and at a 3.2MPH pace. Once I was done on the treadmill I did a heavy bag workout using 16oz gloves. I maintained a hands up guard position and then did light jab volleys with intermittent heavy hits on the bag while moving around it. I did this for as long as I could then took a 30-second break and went at it again. I did this for about 15 minutes which was about the time my upper back and shoulders started screaming so I stopped.

So the treadmill is the mainstay of the workouts but I have been incorporating deadlifts, battle ropes, farmer carries and box jumps to the workouts. I also look online and anything that piques my interest will get thrown into the mix. Once I lose enough weight I will start doing laps every so often in the pool at the gym.

this is what I eat on a daily basis so far.
    oatmeal and protein shake
    throughout the day at 2 hour intervals I eat about 3 whole chicken breasts and about 3 cups of veggies per day.
    I also snack on lightly salted nuts like pistachios, cashews and dry roasted peanuts to curb hunger pangs as they arise.

So far over the last 3 days, I have dropped about 4 pounds give or take so am pretty happy with the progress.

Marksman

User Info Menu

So to keep this alive.

I lost 6 pounds last week. Went off the reservation on the weekend and gained some back. got back on the wagon and this morning I am back to my lowest weight. Hoping to drop about 4 more pounds this week.

So normally I go 2 on 1 off 2 on then take the weekend off. I am going to change this and try to go every day to really jump start the weight loss and keep the burn going.