2020 Fitness Goals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Thats awesomw Tat.

I didn't want to post anything because I hate failing every year which makes it harder to try again. So this year I just quitly cut out all sugar and went Keto on OMAD, last week I starting putting my concept 2 rower to use along with kettle bells and those big rubber bands.

12/28/19 247lbs
    2/1/20 222lbs

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Thats awesomw Tat.

I didn't want to post anything because I hate failing every year which makes it harder to try again. So this year I just quitly cut out all sugar and went Keto on OMAD, last week I starting putting my concept 2 rower to use along with kettle bells and those big rubber bands.

12/28/19 247lbs
    2/1/20 222lbs

Thanks buddy!

Congrats on getting back at it. I’m wanting a rower bad but not sure if it’s a good idea because of my lower back problems but running is definitely not a option because of my knees. I’ve been thinking about jumping on a bike and those big rubber bands myself.

Thanks

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Congrats on getting to it guys.

BigTattoo if you have a gym membership try an elliptical. It's kind of like cross country skiing and easier on the knees.

Nice way to drop a quick 20lbs KZ.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    So starting this week I have changed up the diet and how I work out at the gym.

I am now going for weight loss so stopped doing single muscle group workouts and am focusing on exercises that work multiple groups.

For example last night I did the treadmill for 55 minutes. 12 was warm-up and cooldown and the remaining time was done at a 10% incline and at a 3.2MPH pace. Once I was done on the treadmill I did a heavy bag workout using 16oz gloves. I maintained a hands up guard position and then did light jab volleys with intermittent heavy hits on the bag while moving around it. I did this for as long as I could then took a 30-second break and went at it again. I did this for about 15 minutes which was about the time my upper back and shoulders started screaming so I stopped.

So the treadmill is the mainstay of the workouts but I have been incorporating deadlifts, battle ropes, farmer carries and box jumps to the workouts. I also look online and anything that piques my interest will get thrown into the mix. Once I lose enough weight I will start doing laps every so often in the pool at the gym.

this is what I eat on a daily basis so far.
    oatmeal and protein shake
    throughout the day at 2 hour intervals I eat about 3 whole chicken breasts and about 3 cups of veggies per day.
    I also snack on lightly salted nuts like pistachios, cashews and dry roasted peanuts to curb hunger pangs as they arise.

So far over the last 3 days, I have dropped about 4 pounds give or take so am pretty happy with the progress.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    So to keep this alive.

I lost 6 pounds last week. Went off the reservation on the weekend and gained some back. got back on the wagon and this morning I am back to my lowest weight. Hoping to drop about 4 more pounds this week.

So normally I go 2 on 1 off 2 on then take the weekend off. I am going to change this and try to go every day to really jump start the weight loss and keep the burn going.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    You guys are lagging on this thread. So am posting an update to bring it front and center again.

Been going good at the gym. I upped my speed on the treadmill to 5.8MPH and got in 15 minutes. I should be able to hit the 20-minute mark this week. I am well on the way to hitting 7MPH pace by the end of the year.

I was getting burned out on the lifting portion of the workout so I have been incorporating some other items into my routine. I have been using 16oz boxing gloves to hit the heavy bag. I have gotten up to 6 two minute sessions of hitting the bag.

Also been doing some farmer walks, box jumps, battle ropes, and some other random exercises.

I have been losing weight steadily but not as drastically as fast as the first week. I have been eating better and also smaller portions. I haven't totally cut out carbs but do eat smaller portions of them and eating a metric crap-ton of veggies.

Rivens81

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 11, 2018
    New Orleans Louisiana
    You otta try vegetable juice fasting, for at least 7 days to get full benefits. Sounds like you know what you’re doing tho. In one month I lost 20lbs juicing and didn’t loose much strength. It was awesome! It’s East after day 3

- - - Updated - - -

I box a lot too. Where do you train?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I don't train anywhere because the closest gym would be in Lafayette and that is an hour drive each way. If there was something closer I would totally be all over it though. I just hit the bag with jabs with the thought process that the heavy gloves and hitting the bag will strengthen my shoulders and upper body just from moving the weight of the glove. Once it gets too easy I was going to add some wrist weights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom