CZ 455 American 22LR Issue

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Bayou

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    Resolved-pin had partially worked its way out in trigger assembly. Repaired, tested and all good. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions!
    LB
    ---
    Need help. Just changed barrel from 17HMR back to 22LR. I didn't do something right. I took it squirrel hunting, flipped the safety off and the gun discharged. Bolted it again, flipped the safety on and then off again and it discharged again! I pulled the bolt, inspected, flipped the safety, and put it all back together. Seems to be working okay now. Very concerning, that discharge could have been catastrophic. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Need help. Just changed barrel from 17HMR back to 22LR. I didn't do something right. I took it squirrel hunting, flipped the safety off and the gun discharged. Bolted it again, flipped the safety on and then off again and it discharged again! I pulled the bolt, inspected, flipped the safety, and put it all back together. Seems to be working okay now. Very concerning, that discharge could have been catastrophic. Any ideas?
    I’d start with notifying whomever handles CZ here in the states. A convertible rifle like that is expected to be taken down and reassembled repeatedly and unless there’s a warning (I don’t think there is) about the possibility of that occurring if you don’t follow procedure... aw, scrap that. It shouldn’t happen.
    They need to know. I’d expect to be receiving a shipping label and looking for a box. Keep us posted.

I have a BRNO and a 60’s model 452. I’d cry if either had that issue.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Just so you don’t feel all alone..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489209&amp=1

Here’s the recall notice and all the info you need to return and get a fair deal. Have to scroll down through the thread for all the info. Good luck bro and keep us updated!
    https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518378#/topics/518378

Edit: Lemme know if you can’t find a box. I have a few foam lined rifle shipping boxes for AR’s. Maybe long enough.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    It’s a shame.
    Those set triggers are some of the nicest out there.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Thanks so much for this info. I've already emailed CZ-USA and am awaiting their response.

What a dangerous issue to surface.

I have an old Remington Targetmaster single shot .22 that does that. I have the gun apart right now because I was trying to see what the problem is but couldn't find it really. Have had people make suggestions but so far nothing has worked yet. I may take it to a real gunsmith and see if it can be figured out.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom