Loaded gun in car illegal in La.?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Bruh you need a tool box. :mamoru:

Are you crazy? What, so some dirtbag can steal them out of the back of my truck? I'll have you know; in my neighborhood, people would rather have nice name brand tools than guns!

Pffft! Why in the hell would my neighbors want a 4th Gen Glock 19 over that set of Craftsman screwdrivers?

No, they are safe just where they are! Not to mention, quickly and easily deployable! Do you know how fast I can grab those when my wife demands I fix something?

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Just to clarify a couple of things about my original post.
    My question was about having a loaded firearm in the vehicle with you as a friend was told it is illegal. Then it turned into a porta potty about leaving a gun in a vehicle cuz it will be stolen, the use of gun magnets and where and how a gun is stowed or carried while in a vehicle. This place has some little Hitlers. I am curious as to why someone got banned in the course of this thread. So much for a person being able to decide what works for them until it doesn't then to try something else when there are those around to tell us the proper way to do things. This country is headed the way of Escape from New York/Los Angeles; No smoking, No drinking, No red meat bla bla bla.

I'm out of popcorn for this one.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My question was about having a loaded firearm in the vehicle with you as a friend was told it is illegal. Then it turned into a porta potty about leaving a gun in a vehicle cuz it will be stolen, the use of gun magnets and where and how a gun is stowed or carried while in a vehicle. This place has some little Hitlers. I am curious as to why someone got banned in the course of this thread. So much for a person being able to decide what works for them until it doesn't then to try something else when there are those around to tell us the proper way to do things. This country is headed the way of Escape from New York/Los Angeles; No smoking, No drinking, No red meat bla bla bla.

Quitter!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

In a world of little Hitlers, be a Plissken.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Interestingly enough; I watched the "Escape from...." movies, and long ago; "The Poseidon Adventure!"

The one glaring takeaway from those viewings? Ernest Borgnine was a TERRIBLE actor! I just thought Irwin Allen wanted him to act as if he could not act at all in Poseidon Adventure, but then as Cabbie?!? Holy Jesus! He really sucked!

Adrienne Barbeau was probably as bad, but she had some monster fun bags and they wrapped them in tight fitting clothes! So, I really didn't fixate on her terrible dialogue and bad acting. But did always wonder; "How in the hell did they get Harry Dean Stanton and Lee Van Cleef to be in this train wreck?"

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Alright. Listen, you guys!

I am trying to save this train wreck of a thread with some comedy. Lord knows it needs some! But, I can't do it alone! I need some material to feed off of!

Sure, we can just sit back and gawk from the sidelines as some members snipe at each other until the Mods have deemed it enough, or we can ride this sucker for the many more pages it has left in the tank! Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And, we can't quit now!

Now get in here and join this thing in immortality with the likes of Homocaust!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Someone can decide shooting up heroin works for them. That's a personal choice. But that doesn't mean people should silently sit back and watch him figure it out on his own. If you want to use trial and error without input from others, do it and don't post about it. If you post about it in a public forum, you are opening your ideas up to scrutiny.

As far assomeone getting banned during this discussion, this discussion has gone on for quite a while and a lot happens on this board outside of this thread. It's quite possible the banning had nothing to do with this thread. Correlation does not equal causation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

Attachments

• 20200115_163259.jpg
      20200115_163259.jpg
      261.8 KB · Views: 101

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Okay. A little weak, but germane! If I were scoring on a scale of 1-10, I would have to say 5; and ONLY because you already posted that to "Funny Pics/Gifs." I do believe (and I am sure Paintball would agree), I could have seen a 7, maybe even an 8, if you had posted here in this thread first. Nonetheless, it is acceptable fodder for comedy!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I posted it there since I did not want to ruin this thread. At this point, it is so far off track.

riverrat66

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    The hills of St Helena parish
    If I need my pistol the legalities is the least of my worries. An unloaded gun is a pipe. my judge is loaded all the time. And I will use it again if needed. I am willing to lose my life savings to a lawyer because i'll still be alive.

Top Bottom