Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 28 1211 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Loaded gun in car illegal in La.?

A friend of a nephew and I were talking guns at the New Years party. He showed my what his little brother got him for Christmas, which is a magnet that you attach where ever you want. But this one holds the gun by the top of the slide and can be used to rack the slide chambering a round. He told me someone told him a new law made it illegal to have round chambered in a gun in a vehicle so he put it in his truck.
    Is this true? I have been doing a bit of looking and can't find anything on the subject?

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

It is legal to leave a loaded handgun in your vehicle in Louisiana.

It is extremely stupid, but legal.

Pistol magnet are also stupid. Your car is not a holster.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post

Have to agree on that, car magnets for firearms is not advisable.
    Last thing you’ll want is to have your pistol become a projectile during hard breaking or an accident.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Lasagna View Post
    Last thing you’ll want is to have your pistol become a projectile during hard breaking or an accident.
    And for anyone that disagrees with this, I have read and seen the photos of what happened to a LEO involved in a vehicle crash where his paddle holster detached from his belt and hit him in the face during a rollover. The best place for a handgun is on your person. If it's not, it should be unloaded and secured in a locked safe inside the vehicle.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AZ2VET View Post
    A friend of a nephew and I were talking guns at the New Years party. He showed my what his little brother got him for Christmas, which is a magnet that you attach where ever you want. But this one holds the gun by the top of the slide and can be used to rack the slide chambering a round. He told me someone told him a new law made it illegal to have round chambered in a gun in a vehicle so he put it in his truck.
    Is this true? I have been doing a bit of looking and can't find anything on the subject?
    It is illegal on WMA's to be driving around with a loaded firearm....This is nothing new.

Where did the nephew find any metal on the dash or rather under it on a truck unless its an older model?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Correct but it is 100% legal to actively conceal carry a pistol 24/7 on a WMA regardless of season and regulations of hunting (ex bow hunting only) but is illegal to utilize the pistol to take an animal while in a non firearm season

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    It is illegal on WMA's to be driving around with a loaded firearm....This is nothing new.

Where did the nephew find any metal on the dash or rather under it on a truck unless its an older model?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	91491  
    Last edited by Bigchillin83; January 7th, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    Correct but it is 100% legal to actively conceal carry a pistol 24/7 on a WMA regardless of season and regulations of hunting (ex bow hunting only) but is illegal to utilize the pistol to take an animal while in a non firearm season
    Oh yeah, Conceal carry is fairly new on WMA's.

I've heard that the animal had best not have a pistol hole in it during Bow or Primitive
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

It is legal to leave a loaded handgun in your vehicle in Louisiana.

It is extremely stupid, but legal.

This.

There's no new law and the friend of a friend was wrong.

Also, the magnets are very dumb as well. Probably one of the worst inventions to come out in the past few years.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

this is true!!! you better have a very good story to go along with it lol, not that it will help

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post

I've heard that the animal had best not have a pistol hole in it during Bow or Primitive

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

And for anyone that disagrees with this, I have read and seen the photos of what happened to a LEO involved in a vehicle crash where his paddle holster detached from his belt and hit him in the face during a rollover. The best place for a handgun is on your person. If it's not, it should be unloaded and secured in a locked safe inside the vehicle.
    If someone sits on their gun, or has it inside their belt, then straps over it with a seat belt, it is useless for immediate deployment. I agree that me having it in my cup holder for years was not the best place for it, but it wasn't the only object inside the cab of my truck that was a potential projectile in a crash. I carry all sorts of things in my truck cab. My I-phone, water bottles, tools, flashlights, padlocks, key rings, and boots for starters; and ammo cans and boxes, boxes of shotgun shells, my rifle, my bow, and all sorts of heavy non-restrained objects during hunting and fishing seasons. If I have to go to the store, I may have several bottles of wine on my back seat, canned drinks or vegetables, frozen foods, etc. Jeez, if I always worried about what was going to hit me in the head when I roll my truck, I'd just stay at home and not drive at all! Christ's sake, that's the beauty of having a truck! To load all kinds of crap in it!

On the point, my pistol isn't going anywhere now that I built my very secure and very awesome cup gun holster; but it's never going to be on my person when I am in my truck! So for me and my pistol, magnets and holsters (on my person), while driving; both suck.

But that's me!

Oh, and some people's lack of knowledge about gun laws here in their own state is astounding. The ol' friend of a friend, eh?
    Last edited by Emperor; January 7th, 2020 at 11:53 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!