Loaded gun in car illegal in La.?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    19cf6355a164dc794c215c5d98e0828b.jpeg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Man you need to clean your truck.

That is a full blown hunting truck from September to the end of February, and I engage in "real" hunting!

No sense in wasting my time cleaning it for those 6 months! And if you think that is dirty, you should see me my 4-wheeler! ;)

Now, let's get back to all the things that are going to kill me when I roll it!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Exxxxxtra schweet cupolster!
    (I may need to patent that...)

Isn't it ironic that Weather Tech came out with their Cup Phone concept LONG AFTER I posted pics of my Cup Holster design on BS?

Those idea thieving scumbags! I may sue!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    A visor holster would be much more accessible and free up a cup holder. You could also mount it to the steering wheel over the airbag.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    As Promised!

If I do ever roll my truck, it's going to look like the inside of a Fruit Ninja inside my cab! :hs:

Somewhere under that crap is a solid steel 4-way lug wrench. That thing will go spinning around like a Krull glaive! :mamoru:

wtl5brqhj7h7h7uj3d76.jpg

t6crat2ce7d1kezsjph9.jpg

h435gdt2qex8qhe5wgi.jpg

q2ol8rk4hikfslpz0tv5.jpg

xmsbdq2fpqgvxk4mmydq.jpg

2n741n64h65nl477xpj.jpg

qy4dkmugnnrqaxryvvy.jpg

3kjold7zd5lu8qdvijc.jpg

6us5lsj3pzd9f46mb32p.jpg

psunxebt23wvatg5bbno.jpg

Yeah man, You roll that baby and you'll have a couple of dozen pecker tracks on the back of that head,
    You need a helmet while rolling coal !

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    On 05/20/2019 at approximately 1007 hours I was driving my Ford F 150 unmarked unit down a narrow two lane road ( that sounds like a country song). We just left a SWAT callout so I didn’t have on a shirt that had any sheriff’s markings on it, just khaki pants and a black undershirt and a pistol on my hip. As I driving down the road I noticed my shirt sliding off the seat so I reached over to grab it and it was at this time I noticed the road made a sharp turn to the left, no road signage or curve indicators were observed.
    At this time I exited the roadway on the right, there was no shoulder only wet grass, and I began to slide attempting to maintain control of the truck. I managed to steer the vehicle between a telephone pole on the left and a tree on the right, only to find myself heading towards a very large canal which was about half full of water at the time. The truck then struck the concrete area covering a large culvert and finally came to a stop. (I swear it reminded me of a commercial where the vehicle is teetering on edge and a bird lands on the vehicle and it falls off the cliff!!!) Anyway the truck falls off the edge and lands in the bottom of the canal on the roof which causes 6 airbags to deploy at the same time inside the cab of the truck, however the steering wheel airbag didn’t deploy and all of my windows were rolled up at the time. As the truck landed upside down something struck me in my face ( breaking my nose) and my handgun which was in a Safariland paddle holster came off my hip. I did not have my seat belt on, probably a good thing because I would have wound up being upside down with my head under water. So one of things that really surprised me was how dark it was inside the truck, with all the air bags deployed blocking the windows and the dark water that I was now submerged under I also noticed that the water was now nipple deep inside the cab. So here I am standing on my headliner and windshield with my head near the bottom of the seat, I can barely see out of my left eye which is leaking and my right one got smoked with something, my nose is bleeding, my mouth is bleeding and I can hardly breath due to the amount of airbag dust that is now in this compressed air environment. I didn’t know how much time I had left inside the vehicle due to the water rising and I didn’t know the extent of my injuries either.
    I attended VCQB Instructor in November of last year and was informed and trained on how to handle Laminated glass by you personally. I started feeling around for my pistol cause I knew I was going to have to perforate the glass and shoot my way out as the door would not open, I guess from water pressure and the weight of the vehicle pushing down into the soft bottom of the canal. After searching for a few minutes I couldn’t find my handgun but I did find my 9mm Colt Sub gun, which was unloaded. It was actually laying on the back floor board under the rear fold down seat it is what probably hit me in the face breaking my nose and jacking up my right eye. My Daniel Defense SWAT rifle was also in the same place as my sub gun but I could not locate my *big gun* to get it up!! I paused for a moment thanking SWAT Jesus for letting me find my small rifle and I thought about what I was going to do next. I stuck the sub gun between my legs and pulled my folding pocket knife which was clipped to my left pocket went under water to cut the air bag away. I think I had to do it in two attempts. I came back up and folded the knife and stuck it back in my pocket, I didn’t know if I would need it again. After cutting the air bag away from the window, I went back under water and began using the muzzle of my Colt to break the glass in order to plan my escape. Obviously you know how laminate glass works and the rifle only made small fist size holes in the glass. I shoved it through numerous times all the way pass the front sight and up to the hand guard all the while cutting my left hand continuously. I think I may have gone under water 3 times to break away enough of the glass, I was also using my hands and feet to break and push more glass out of the way until I made a big enough hole to get my narrow ass through. I came up for air again and dropped my rifle, I couldn’t find it. I was holding onto the glass with my right hand and I remember the airbag dust was relentless I was coughing and spitting and bleeding all at the same time and I knew that I had to get out NOW before I passed out. I went back under and pulled my right hand through the hole I made and reached out and grabbed a large limb on the outside of the truck (at that moment I was praying I wouldn’t grab a snake or something). I pulled myself through the window and back to the surface and fresh air. I leaned on the side of overturned truck and noticed the blood leaking from my hands and face onto the side of the vehicle and thought man this would be a terrible place to pass out so I climbed on top the truck and began waving at people to stop and help, which no one would I climbed off the truck and up the embankment of the muddy grassy canal and stood in the roadway until someone stopped, although Several people passed by, I guess they didn’t wanna stop for a bloody white guy that looked like a mix between Walking Dead and Swamp thing. A lady finally stopped and I was able to call for help on her phone at approximately 1040 hours. Thinking of the time frame I would say that I was inside the vehicle approximately 20 – 25 minutes give or take a few minutes, it only took about 2-3 minutes to get from the red light where I sent a text to the crash site and it took a few minutes to climb on top of the truck and climb up the ditch to flag someone down.
    Everything I did was with a purpose and without hesitation and I am forever thankful for the information and training you provided me with to save my own life. YOU are saving peoples lives out here Will, so keep doing what your doing brother.
    Sgt. Jason Ransome
    East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office
    Firearms Training Unit
    SWAT/MARTAC*

65513876_1613836658747838_7741662900179173376_n.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    A visor holster would be much more accessible and free up a cup holder. You could also mount it to the steering wheel over the airbag.

I can draw that pistol in milliseconds! None of you CC Ninja's can even come close to the speed of my draw unless you are holding the gun while you are steering! :fawk:

Then after I empty the mag and if necessary, I throw the gun at the remaining attacking scumbags; a la Sgt. Mike in Saving Private Ryan, I go for that Kel-Tech 2000 in the door, grab those two extra mags, and make an escape to cover! Then, if more marauders dare to enter the fray, the fun really starts!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yeah man, You roll that baby and you'll have a couple of dozen pecker tracks on the back of that head,
    You need a helmet while rolling coal !

Shrapnel factory:dogkeke:

Yeah, that 22oz. Estwing is probably going to hurt! Those screwdrivers are going to come at me like the knives Carrie mentally threw at her overbearing mom!

I am surprised you older dudes didn't get my Krull reference?!? :wtc: That's disappointing!

Oh; and look closely in that tool bag on the seat and you can just make out a steel pipe wrapped in electrical tape. That is a homemade ball peen hammer! Yikes!

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I’ve heard that story a few times. He’s lucky he didn’t get ejected while not wearing his seatbelt. Not sure what point you are trying to prove by posting his story. My take away is to wear your seatbelt, laminate glass sucks and make sure you maintain control of your vehicle. He was a lot better off smashing the glass than making smaller holes from shooting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I can draw that pistol in milliseconds! None of you CC Ninja's can even come close to the speed of my draw unless you are holding the gun while you are steering! :fawk:

Then after I empty the mag and if necessary, I throw the gun at the remaining attacking scumbags; a la Sgt. Mike in Saving Private Ryan, I go for that Kel-Tech 2000 in the door, grab those two extra mags, and make an escape to cover! Then, if more marauders dare to enter the fray, the fun really starts!

Let’s get real.
    You’re emptying the clipazine at those mofos.
    Jheesh...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I’ve heard that story a few times. He’s lucky he didn’t get ejected while not wearing his seatbelt. Not sure what point you are trying to prove by posting his story. My take away is to wear your seatbelt, laminate glass sucks and make sure you maintain control of your vehicle. He was a lot better off smashing the glass than making smaller holes from shooting it.

Are you trying to derail the soon to be snowballing comedic value this thread is getting ready to possess?

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Are you trying to derail the soon to be snowballing comedic value this thread is getting ready to possess?

My bad. I have been entertained by the lecturing from all these knowledgeable and experienced people. Guess I need to start getting more knowledge from the internet so I can come on here and tell everyone how wrong they are in doing what works for them.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Take it for what it's worth. I'm not the expert here.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My bad. I have been entertained by the lecturing from all these knowledgeable and experienced people. Guess I need to start getting more knowledge from the internet so I can come on here and tell everyone how wrong they are in doing what works for them.

Well, stay in your lane! I don't need you worrying about how to safely transport your weapons! I'm going to probably more likely need you to help EMS pull those 2" deck screws out of my face at the crash site!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Well, stay in your lane! I don't need you worrying about how to safely transport your weapons! I'm going to probably more likely need you to help EMS pull those 2" deck screws out of my face at the crash site!

Bruh you need a tool box. :mamoru:

BTW I have one of those saw blades for your weed whacker in my driver rear door pocket. I hope I never roll my truck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom