Trump’s National Address today regarding Iran

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Howdy all,

Just watched Trump’s address to the Nation regarding Iran.
    Not certain how to take it.
    He spoke strongly in defense of striking one of their generals but ended with offering peace.
    Somewhat bipolar in his approach.

What do you make of it?

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    A general that was not in Iran, but Iraq, and actively training Combatants, and perpetrating acts of violence against America. He got what he deserved. I think Trump did exactly what he needed to do. The Iranian response was posturing, and weak at that, which is why Trump gave it to them. If there were Americans killed last night, the news would be different this morning.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I want Trump to keep this promise to get our boys and gals out of all those Mid-East Shitholes!

These f'n war hawks in DC are despicable!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I want Trump to keep this promise to get our boys and gals out of all those Mid-East Shitholes!

These f'n war hawks in DC are despicable!

Agreed there is no benefit to America by putting and/or keeping boots on the ground in these countries. It’s not up to us to insure a peaceful existence for these people. It’s up to them we have helped enough, and sadly nearly every country we try to help devolves in the process of establishing a new government. That’s not necessarily our fault, but since it ain’t working we got to step off the crazy train. If we do anything in Iran it would be decapitate the Ayatollah, and play the hide and watch game.

Surgical strikes from drones should be what we focus on from here on when it comes to the old ‘Peace through strength’ mantra.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Agreed there is no benefit to America by putting and/or keeping boots on the ground in these countries. It’s not up to us to insure a peaceful existence for these people. It’s up to them we have helped enough, and sadly nearly every country we try to help devolves in the process of establishing a new government. That’s not necessarily our fault, but since it ain’t working we got to step off the crazy train. If we do anything in Iran it would be decapitate the Ayatollah, and play the hide and watch game.

Surgical strikes from drones should be what we focus on from here on when it comes to the old ‘Peace through strength’ mantra.

Or, if you want to drag us into yet another Mid-East war, let us hear you say something like this:

"As your Representative, Senator, Federal Bureaucrat, Cabinet Member, Pentagon Official, etc. I am endorsing a war with Iran, and with that have told my children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, whatever; they will be enlisting in the army as infantrymen for this conflict!"

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Or, if you want to drag us into yet another Mid-East war, let us hear you say something like this:

"As your Representative, Senator, Federal Bureaucrat, Cabinet Member, Pentagon Official, etc. I am endorsing a war with Iran, and with that have told my children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, whatever; they will be enlisting in the army as infantrymen for this conflict!"

Wouldn't that be something. They never put skin in the game with anything exempt from ACA. Two terms and it’s lifetime paycheck. If I wasn’t lazy we could probably go for days on this ‘all animals are equal but some are more equal than others’ mentally.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    It was all a show. We were warned well in advance so that we could move our troops out of harm's way, and the mullahs could save face in front of their minions. Nothing of any strategic value was hit and we suffered no casualties. In reality, it makes the Iranians look pretty incompetent. Now, we can pull our troops out, as they have "ordered" us to do, and the proxy war will continue. They hit us, we hit them. But we need to get all troops out of the ME. We serve no purpose there.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The only way I could possibly see him losing this election is to get us in another war. It's bad enough we are still as engaged as we are in the area.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The only way I could possibly see him losing this election is to get us in another war. It's bad enough we are still as engaged as we are in the area.

It’s sad but he’s in a no win situation regardless of what he does. I feel he handled it the best he possibly could.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    A general that was not in Iran, but Iraq, and actively training Combatants, and perpetrating acts of violence against America. He got what he deserved. I think Trump did exactly what he needed to do. The Iranian response was posturing, and weak at that, which is why Trump gave it to them. If there were Americans killed last night, the news would be different this morning.

THIS!!

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    I would like nothing more than to be able to pull everybody out of the ME, and then we can all hold hands, and sing Cumbaya. Fact is that by us being over there, it makes us safer over here. I am not sure if some folks realize this or not, but these people have perpetrated, and carried out attacks on United States Citizens, on United States soil. If left to their own devices, and left unchecked, our safety in our own homes will be in jeopardy. These people will kill you in your sleep, they don't care about you, or your family. Many of them want you dead, because they despise what America stands for. I m not sure about you folks, but when my families safety is at stake. If you are always defending, you will always be behind the 8 ball. I don't care who you are, if you are John Rambo impersonate, at some point Rambo had to go on the attack, or he would have been eaten alive. Know how to defend, but superior offense, and swift counters, are a better strategy. You can't defend forever, why do you think the Romans were so successful in the Siege?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I would like nothing more than to be able to pull everybody out of the ME, and then we can all hold hands, and sing Cumbaya. Fact is that by us being over there, it makes us safer over here. I am not sure if some folks realize this or not, but these people have perpetrated, and carried out attacks on United States Citizens, on United States soil. If left to their own devices, and left unchecked, our safety in our own homes will be in jeopardy. These people will kill you in your sleep, they don't care about you, or your family. Many of them want you dead, because they despise what America stands for. I m not sure about you folks, but when my families safety is at stake. If you are always defending, you will always be behind the 8 ball. I don't care who you are, if you are John Rambo impersonate, at some point Rambo had to go on the attack, or he would have been eaten alive. Know how to defend, but superior offense, and swift counters, are a better strategy. You can't defend forever, why do you think the Romans were so successful in the Siege?

Our intervention has allowed more destabilizing governments and warlords to sieze power. Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Syria, Lybia. We teamed up with the worst of the worst in Afghanistan. The Afghanis band botchbozi (spelling) then we invaded and low and behold the first thing the new government restored was little boy butt rape.

Look I’m not saying it’s not a righteous cause and Im certainly not saying I’m less that eternally grateful to our men and women. But our policy of trying to convert a couture that hasn’t really improved much In the way of freedom since the Bronze Age, from tyrannical oligarchs to a society of freedom and equality isn’t working.

There are plenty of options to help keep us safe at home that don’t cause us to be perpetually bogged down in these quagmires where we make our troops Baghdad’s (inset whatever &hithole city you prefer) police.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Our intervention has allowed more destabilizing governments and warlords to sieze power. Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, Syria, Lybia. We teamed up with the worst of the worst in Afghanistan. The Afghanis band botchbozi (spelling) then we invaded and low and behold the first thing the new government restored was little boy butt rape.

Look I’m not saying it’s not a righteous cause and Im certainly not saying I’m less that eternally grateful to our men and women. But our policy of trying to convert a couture that hasn’t really improved much In the way of freedom since the Bronze Age, from tyrannical oligarchs to a society of freedom and equality isn’t working.

There are plenty of options to help keep us safe at home that don’t cause us to be perpetually bogged down in these quagmires where we make our troops Baghdad’s (inset whatever &hithole city you prefer) police.
    That’s a very fair assessment and a decent look at things. Only thing I would add is that it would be better spent on the 4 terms before Trump. I rarely hear anything about the Middle East situation being dumped in his lap. I know our involvement over there goes way back before Bush Jr and Obammy, but anything that could have facilitated a pull out should have started 20 years ago. So now that we’ve had presidents go blow **** up in the name of WMD’s and allow the Muslim world a guest room in the White House and dropped a few billion dollars and a sweet nuclear deal on Iran’s doorstep and likely outfitted enemy combatants to just keep the conflict alive...
    We finally get a POTUS that steps in and rids the region of ISIS, saves our progress in Iraq, refuses to allow another embassy and more American lives to be taken, and suddenly all the problems over there are his fault and his responsibility. The left that has been fighting against him and our country this entire term is far more responsible for the wreck we see in the Middle East and the portion of it that has come to our shores than President Trump will ever be.
    So...
    I listened to the 10 minute address 4 times and I didn’t see any sign of weakness or indecision or anything passive about it. It’s pretty clear to me that he said We took care of business when Iran’s guy became a clear and present danger, we took him out, expected Iran to attempt retaliation, took measures to protect our people and thank goodness their failure put us in a position to let things lie for the good of everyone so we wouldn’t be compelled to flex our muscles and choke them out. Instead, we can have peace if Iran wants it, but we will bust their ass if they choose wrong and we are ready to do so yesterday. Oh, and btw, you don’t get to have nukes. We consider the deal that the Obammy administration struck with you null and void..
    I also like that he refused the media the chance to spin their narrative then and there. No questions, just dropped the mic and walked. I know it wasn’t a press conference, it was an address, but media king Obammy allowed such because it served him.
    Whether or not the left, CNN, NBC, etc., are willing to Admit that he’s handling this latest sh:t show correctly, they can’t say he’s dragging us into a war when he’s simply standing up to the little loud mouth across the pond. They screamed and hollered when he handled rocket man and things took a turn for the better. They’ll keep screaming about Trump ‘assassinating’ an Iranian official and it won’t amount to squat. Sooner or later the great majority of our country will see through their BS and the jig will be up. I’m hoping for Trump to have a better term the second go round.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Howdy all,

Just watched Trump’s address to the Nation regarding Iran.
    Not certain how to take it.
    He spoke strongly in defense of striking one of their generals but ended with offering peace.
    Somewhat bipolar in his approach.

What do you make of it?
    My take on the address above Cheesy.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That’s a very fair assessment and a decent look at things. Only thing I would add is that it would be better spent on the 4 terms before Trump. I rarely hear anything about the Middle East situation being dumped in his lap. I know our involvement over there goes way back before Bush Jr and Obammy, but anything that could have facilitated a pull out should have started 20 years ago. So now that we’ve had presidents go blow **** up in the name of WMD’s and allow the Muslim world a guest room in the White House and dropped a few billion dollars and a sweet nuclear deal on Iran’s doorstep and likely outfitted enemy combatants to just keep the conflict alive...
    We finally get a POTUS that steps in and rids the region of ISIS, saves our progress in Iraq, refuses to allow another embassy and more American lives to be taken, and suddenly all the problems over there are his fault and his responsibility. The left that has been fighting against him and our country this entire term is far more responsible for the wreck we see in the Middle East and the portion of it that has come to our shores than President Trump will ever be.
    So...
    I listened to the 10 minute address 4 times and I didn’t see any sign of weakness or indecision or anything passive about it. It’s pretty clear to me that he said We took care of business when Iran’s guy became a clear and present danger, we took him out, expected Iran to attempt retaliation, took measures to protect our people and thank goodness their failure put us in a position to let things lie for the good of everyone so we wouldn’t be compelled to flex our muscles and choke them out. Instead, we can have peace if Iran wants it, but we will bust their ass if they choose wrong and we are ready to do so yesterday. Oh, and btw, you don’t get to have nukes. We consider the deal that the Obammy administration struck with you null and void..
    I also like that he refused the media the chance to spin their narrative then and there. No questions, just dropped the mic and walked. I know it wasn’t a press conference, it was an address, but media king Obammy allowed such because it served him.
    Whether or not the left, CNN, NBC, etc., are willing to Admit that he’s handling this latest sh:t show correctly, they can’t say he’s dragging us into a war when he’s simply standing up to the little loud mouth across the pond. They screamed and hollered when he handled rocket man and things took a turn for the better. They’ll keep screaming about Trump ‘assassinating’ an Iranian official and it won’t amount to squat. Sooner or later the great majority of our country will see through their BS and the jig will be up. I’m hoping for Trump to have a better term the second go round.

Yeah no don’t get me wrong, most of the frustration is coming from my id. I think Trump is doing what he can to clean up the mess. The problem as I see it, we have a figurative 45-50 year long Texas chainsaws Massacre reenactment take place in our country’s living room, with this Middle East quagmire. Now we are getting impatient with the crew who is cleaning up the blood and guts, because it’s taking too long.

If we take the right steps we should be more than capable of managing the risk in the Middle East without asking good men and women to police that $hithole in perpetuity.

The problem is war is profitable, and as long as certain elements of our government/society retain enough influence, we will continue to involve ourselves in more quagmires.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I wonder what the world reaction is when they confirm Iran screwed up and shot down that jetliner thinking it was a bomber (speculation)? :doh:

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I wonder what the world reaction is when they confirm Iran screwed up and shot down that jetliner thinking it was a bomber (speculation)? :doh:
    So first Iran says they didn’t shoot down no plane. Now they’re saying, yeah, we shot the plane down, but we didn’t mean to. Accident...
    Right.....Dindu Nuffins of the middle eastern world...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom