Wilson combat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maddenfreak13

wannabe operator
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2007
    Houma, LA
    Anybody use a wilson combat upper, lower, or both? I was just curious i know their 1911 stuff is very gtg. Im just curious to what you guys have to say if anything.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Have a Wilson Combat Border Patrol shotgun, 870 pattern.
    It’s nice but then again so is the standard 870 Police Magnum.
    No experience with their rifles.
    Also, their 47D 1911 magazines are world class.

Overall, I’d say if you want turnkey excellence and have the coin, they’re good to go.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I am sure they are buying forging from the same place that everyone else does. I wonder if they do the final machining or is that farmed out as well?

Sorta like Kimber, S&W forge the frames and slides, but Kimber does the final machining. So eventually S&W decided to make their own 1911. Ar parts are like this. Some do their own machining, but others just have a MFG label the stuff and do no machining...

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I am sure they are buying forging from the same place that everyone else does. I wonder if they do the final machining or is that farmed out as well?

Sorta like Kimber, S&W forge the frames and slides, but Kimber does the final machining. So eventually S&W decided to make their own 1911. Ar parts are like this. Some do their own machining, but others just have a MFG label the stuff and do no machining...

There are around 25 forges, not including those who forge their own receivers in house. Where the forging came from matters little if the machining isn't well done. Wilson does their own machining.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    You won’t find many Wilson rifle owners on here. I’ve never see another in the wild at any of the classes or shooting events I have attended, or gun shows.
    I have 2 of their Recon SR rifles; one in .223 the other in .458 SOCOM.
    Fit and finish is first class, trigger pull is great, both are good shooters.
    They are a good match to their pistols (I have a Professional 1911 in .45 and a EDC-X9); I feel an AR is easier to produce with good tolerance than a 1911 and make run properly.
    I also have their Whisper suppressor for the SOCOM.
    Most people think a $3k AR is crazy; they could have 6 (?) *other* AR’s for the same cost and they may be right. All I can say is anyone who has shot either of mine is usually impressed.
    If you have the desire to have a top notch AR I say go for it; it will make you happy.

maddenfreak13

wannabe operator
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2007
    Houma, LA
    You won’t find many Wilson rifle owners on here. I’ve never see another in the wild at any of the classes or shooting events I have attended, or gun shows.
    I have 2 of their Recon SR rifles; one in .223 the other in .458 SOCOM.
    Fit and finish is first class, trigger pull is great, both are good shooters.
    They are a good match to their pistols (I have a Professional 1911 in .45 and a EDC-X9); I feel an AR is easier to produce with good tolerance than a 1911 and make run properly.
    I also have their Whisper suppressor for the SOCOM.
    Most people think a $3k AR is crazy; they could have 6 (?) *other* AR’s for the same cost and they may be right. All I can say is anyone who has shot either of mine is usually impressed.
    If you have the desire to have a top notch AR I say go for it; it will make you happy.

I was gonna get an upper lower and barrel and do a .300blk pistol but thanks i also wanna upgrade my sa range officer compact with some wc goodies

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    One Wilson AR part that I recommend you add is their cassette trigger assembly.
    I added one of these to my .22LR AR build; the other AR’s have GI Vietnam era 16 trigger parts, super slick from all the action they have seen.
    Some of their *drop in* 1911 parts still need some fitting to match all the pistols lines. I hear their modifications of other manufactures pistols is great, maybe a little pricey.
    If you want to try either of my WC carbines, send me a PM. Another plus, I have a backyard range.

Top Bottom