YouTube Porduct Reviews What ones do you like?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I knew at least one closet TNPer in the crowd. :D

Occasionally his vids pop up on my YouTube thingy and occasionally I’m like what’s this guy up to now. Got to love this YouTube/Instagram/Facebook economy we have created from boredom.

I'd be surprised if any companies worth mentioning send that idiot products.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I knew at least one closet TNPer in the crowd. :D

Occasionally his vids pop up on my YouTube thingy and occasionally I’m like what’s this guy up to now. Got to love this YouTube/Instagram/Facebook economy we have created from boredom.

Dude, I listened to his most recent hour-long video at 2x speed in the background a few days ago and was just really confused. He makes a bag that he plans on taking into places where there is a "high probability of armed conflict."

In this bag, he has a Glock 19 that he has attached to some velcro backed holster thing. He also has bear spray, four mags, and considers carrying a Taser and a baton. Additionally, he has a fanny pack and five knives. Oh, and tampons.

My kneejerk reactions are:
    1) Planning on going to places with a high probability of any conflict is dumb. Planning to go somewhere where people are more likely to be shooting at you is just stupid.
    2) Playing the game where there is a justifiable reason to intentionally go to a place with a high probability of conflict...why the hell would you bring a pistol and not an AR and a tank?!
    3) Bear spray doesn't win vs armed opponents.
    4) Five knives are undue extra weight (and he is anal about weighing everything he carries...?)
    5) Tampons are awful for wounds. There are specific products that work much better for wound care.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Dude, I listened to his most recent hour-long video at 2x speed in the background a few days ago and was just really confused. He makes a bag that he plans on taking into places where there is a "high probability of armed conflict."

In this bag, he has a Glock 19 that he has attached to some velcro backed holster thing. He also has bear spray, four mags, and considers carrying a Taser and a baton. Additionally, he has a fanny pack and five knives. Oh, and tampons.

My kneejerk reactions are:
    1) Planning on going to places with a high probability of any conflict is dumb. Planning to go somewhere where people are more likely to be shooting at you is just stupid.
    2) Playing the game where there is a justifiable reason to intentionally go to a place with a high probability of conflict...why the hell would you bring a pistol and not an AR and a tank?!
    3) Bear spray doesn't win vs armed opponents.
    4) Five knives are undue extra weight (and he is anal about weighing everything he carries...?)
    5) Tampons are awful for wounds. There are specific products that work much better for wound care.

You know I kidding right?

But thanks for sharing about the tampons. Seem like something they would have tried on a overly graphic episode of Jackass. You know the first thing I want for wound is something that will swell up inside of it and cause more damage. :mamoru:

What next gunpowder to cauterize instead of quick clot?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    He’s making money off someone so the jokes on us.:dogkeke:

I don't patronize him, so I would say if you do, the joke is indeed on you.

On the other hand, it depends on how you slice the white bread. Talking about him will inevitably lead people to check him out, even if it's for the memes.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yep but he’s an idiot who gets paid to be an idiot I’m sure I could do that sort of work with little effort. But for some reason I keep doing it the hard way.

The true idiots are those who follow him and others like him.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The true idiots are those who follow him and others like him.

To be fair, I follow him on Youtube. I think the one good thing that he did was bring up the idea that people should always carry some form of first aid. After he gained fame from his first aid videos...what, 7 or 8 years ago, his content went downhill and became very derpy.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    To be fair, I follow him on Youtube. I think the one good thing that he did was bring up the idea that people should always carry some form of first aid. After he gained fame from his first aid videos...what, 7 or 8 years ago, his content went downhill and became very derpy.

I enjoyed (ok maybe too strong a word) a video he did on the bottom of the barrel bolt guns probably around that time frame. Although annoying he did some of the least derpy videos out there on el-cheapo bolts. The videos could have been significantly shorter but at least it wasn’t bubba filming his $200 axis and claiming it was worthy of using the word precision.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

There are more credible sources of information for such things. However, they are not as popular, because factual information is nothing fancy.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    There are more credible sources of information for such things. However, they are not as popular, because factual information is nothing fancy.

I like what you did there. I agree with you. He just made it a bit better known.

Another concept that he did that I liked was the idea that people should be able to run a mile in their gear (without dying).

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    The Gun Collective - Great just for the news show on Mondays

Johnny's Reloading Bench - for Reloading nerds

TFBTV - Just James and maybe one or two of the other guys

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Alabama Arsenal - In-depth reviews with good production

MarksmenTV - I love watching the used guns episodes that come in the shop as trades

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I think some people went to him for information, whether knowingly or unknowingly.

It all comes down to your ‘philosophy of use’ (just couldn’t help myself) of his channel. I think you can glean tidbits from his reviews about the function of something he is reviewing there is just more bull$hit than buckweat.

But at the end of the day he’s a goober playing with guns in the wilderness, and gets paid to do it. Let’s all pause for a moment and consider that little kick in the balls.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom