YouTube Porduct Reviews What ones do you like?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    To be fair, I follow him on Youtube. I think the one good thing that he did was bring up the idea that people should always carry some form of first aid. After he gained fame from his first aid videos...what, 7 or 8 years ago, his content went downhill and became very derpy.

What an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    nutnfancy.jpeg

xxBERGxx

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey we lost track here. Couple others I enjoy. Flame me if you will.
    -SHLowlight (Sniper's Hide)
    -Paul Harrel
    -AK Operators Union, Local 47-74
    -Forgotten Weapons
    -gavintoobe (reloading)
    BigDaddyHoffman1911 (Crazy older guy but entertaining)

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    FPS Russia

...not.

But the jackwagon was entertaining. If only waiting for him to blow himself up (which he nearly did a few times). ATF violations and prison sorta killed his YT career, I hear.

Used to like demolition ranch, til he got all bougie and started buying “look how rich I am” stuff and overt shill-monster videos.

Sadly the office is now firewalled and we can’t watch anything gun-related til we convince them to take us off “nanny mode”...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I know I’m going back a bit. But tampons for GSW’s aren’t a good idea. I’m a paramedic with over 25 years in the field that’s currently an instructor. Direct pressure and transport to a surgeon. Surgery and whole blood is better than a tampon. In fact when I’m teaching I’d say direct pressure or tourniquet for extremity tauma and/or TXA, IV NSS fluid PRN to maintain permissible hypotension, O2 15lpm via NRB, keep the pt warm, and rapid transport to a surgeon. Notice the complete lack of feminine hygiene products.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Notice the complete lack of feminine hygiene products.
    Years ago. My friend was way away from any medical help. He was cutting tree limbs up that had fallen during a storm on the ground. When another one fell out of the tree hitting him in the head.
    I used my carry knife to drill a hole in a new bottle of water and washed it out well. It would not stop bleeding. I closed it with some strips of duct tape.
    A few ladies were there and I asked one had a Maxi-Pad and one did, so cut it in half and taped that on his head.
    Worked like a charm.
    Later after the hospital cleaned and stitched it up the 4x4 cotton square kept coming off as the tape they used was crap. He complained so much he said all the money they charged they should have used good quality as Kevin had. He was really out of it from the hit in the head. The next day his wife showed him the other half. He must have looked really silly when he showed up there.
    It did show that in a pinch anything is better than nothing but I now carry real stuff.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Notice the complete lack of feminine hygiene products.
    Years ago. My friend was way away from any medical help. He was cutting tree limbs up that had fallen during a storm on the ground. When another one fell out of the tree hitting him in the head.
    I used my carry knife to drill a hole in a new bottle of water and washed it out well. It would not stop bleeding. I closed it with some strips of duct tape.
    A few ladies were there and I asked one had a Maxi-Pad and one did, so cut it in half and taped that on his head.
    Worked like a charm.
    Later after the hospital cleaned and stitched it up the 4x4 cotton square kept coming off as the tape they used was crap. He complained so much he said all the money they charged they should have used good quality as Kevin had. He was really out of it from the hit in the head. The next day his wife showed him the other half. He must have looked really silly when he showed up there.
    It did show that in a pinch anything is better than nothing but I now carry real stuff.

There is a major difference between applying a maxi-pad to a wound with pressure and inserting a tampon inside of a wound. One is a decent idea and one is a terrible idea. As mentioned by paramedic Dave (and resounded by plenty of trauma surgeons), pressure and/or a TQ (if available/practical) to slow the bleed, while keeping the patient calm and warm is key as a first step. The ideal second step is to get them to a surgeon.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I know that Austin. A Tampon is gotta be a really dumb idea I agree 100%.
    My point was that in a pinch use what ya have or can get asap. But know better next time there is no excuse after you know better.
    I am also amazed that no one checks the air in the spare tire, has no jumper cables, no tools what so ever even basic things. Not one piece of basic medical things what so ever, etc.
    They just walk out the home willy nilly not even a pocket knife or a flashlight.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I know that Austin. A Tampon is gotta be a really dumb idea I agree 100%.
    My point was that in a pinch use what ya have or can get asap. But know better next time there is no excuse after you know better.
    I am also amazed that no one checks the air in the spare tire, has no jumper cables, no tools what so ever even basic things. Not one piece of basic medical things what so ever, etc.
    They just walk out the home willy nilly not even a pocket knife or a flashlight.

Yup, by and large, most people are unprepared for most adverse things that could happen in their lives and don't really have any idea or forethought on how they would react.

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    AvE, and Ian at forgotten weapons. I don't really care for reviews unless it's specifically something I think I want. But usually get that through reading and looking at exploded views.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    AvE, and Ian at forgotten weapons. I don't really care for reviews unless it's specifically something I think I want. But usually get that through reading and looking at exploded views.

AvE is a lot of fun.
    The guy’s breadth of knowledge is amazing.
    AVE is funny as hell

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well. You didn't specify which products so I feel qualified to say that I used Anderton's Music youtube videos of guitar reviews before purchasing a new guitar for Christmas. They did a lot of blindfold tests to compare different guitars and I found it very useful.
    I hope if you are a guitar player you will find it useful also.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom