Street Racing The Boss's Car Never a Good Idea In C-8 Vette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Meh, **** happens. If I get the C8 this year (which is a slight possibility), it's going to be very hard to not take it out to play.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Meh, **** happens. If I get the C8 this year (which is a slight possibility), it's going to be very hard to not take it out to play.

I’m with you man. I find it hard to keep my f150 on the leash from time to time. A Vette owner who doesn’t rip on it on the street once in a long while should be considered for sainthood. I mean that level of discipline is second to self-flagellation or maybe celibacy.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    Agreed, the drinking was pure Stoopid...the zipping around in a supercar is what has to be expected. Fast cars are maintained and serviced by people that have that need for speed and horsepower.
    I'd be straight up lying if I said that I've never road tested a brand new supercar beyond speeds of 120.
    I'm a baad mann...

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Glad they got stopped by the police and not by a telephone pole. I’m not looking forward to cutting people out of those C8s. F150s, jeeps, and Mercedes / Chrysler era platforms (mostly C-classes and 300s) are bad enough. Lapses in judgment which usually result from the departed getting confused between their vehicle and something which can actually handle, typically end up with them executing a high-speed parking maneuver into a significantly more massive and less mobile object. Luckily mustangs can sorta handle, otherwise I think most of their local drivers woulda committed vehicular suicide by now. Lost count how many of them have tried to use my truck (or my marked van) to kill themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Glad they got stopped by the police and not by a telephone pole. I’m not looking forward to cutting people out of those C8s. F150s, jeeps, and Mercedes / Chrysler era platforms (mostly C-classes and 300s) are bad enough. Lapses in judgment which usually result from the departed getting confused between their vehicle and something which can actually handle, typically end up with them executing a high-speed parking maneuver into a significantly more massive and less mobile object. Luckily mustangs can sorta handle, otherwise I think most of their local drivers woulda committed vehicular suicide by now. Lost count how many of them have tried to use my truck (or my marked van) to kill themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some years ago I knew a guy who lost his life on the drag strip. He was running in a class that didn’t require a driveshaft safety loop and his mustang pole vaulted off the driveshaft and somersaulted down the track. There is no doubt speed combined with error or failure is a deadly combination.

I wasn’t there for it but in the circle I ran in at the time many of those guys were, and some of them stopped drag racing.

As a side note my previous comments were not to endorse street racing, just that on occasion the temptation to devil the guy next to at a red light may exceed my ability to resist.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'd love to check it out if you do (look at it not drive it). I'll even buy lunch.

That could definitely be arranged.

As things stand, it's looking like this will be more of a possibility in 2021. Financial goals + the car is basically sold out, everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom