Very interesting Red Flag Law case

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://www.ammoland.com/2020/01/ex..._6f6fac3eaa-f563b951f6-22032915#axzz6BCNbx6cl

If this is not the epitome of how Red Flag Laws are an utter failure I don’t know what is. This time it involves a LEO that was doing his job to the letter. If the law makes it this easy to do what was done to him, there’s no telling how much damage a disgruntled neighbor, ex, family member, teacher, etc can cause the average law abiding gun owner. Read the article below the video.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Surely no one could have predicted a law that targets people who haven’t yet committed a crime would be used by criminals, and vindictive @$$holes.

Oh wait I think you and I (among others) did.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    She has to be charged with an offense of fraud, or this abuse/misuse of the law means nothing.

I'm sure she will be, but what if her accusation was leveled against a non LEO? Would it have been dismissed so cavalierly? Is the initial report researched thoroughly before taking action or do you just get a knock on your door with the expectation that it's your problem to prove your innocence in court?

Interesting chicken or the egg scenario...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm sure she will be, but what if her accusation was leveled against a non LEO? Would it have been dismissed so cavalierly? Is the initial report researched thoroughly before taking action or do you just get a knock on your door with the expectation that it's your problem to prove your innocence in court?

Interesting chicken or the egg scenario...

I think ALL of these laws should have the; "Loser pays!" clause. If someone files one of these, and it turns out to be false; they should have to pay costs incurred and attorney's fees for the defendant. It would certainly bring a little more discretion into the mix.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I think ALL of these laws should have the; "Loser pays!" clause. If someone files one of these, and it turns out to be false; they should have to pay costs incurred and attorney's fees for the defendant. It would certainly bring a little more discretion into the mix.

I think it's called ''defamation of character''and if you have court evidence then one should be good to go!

On an added note: Don't breed with a crazy sob be it man or woman,The ''mom'' is clear proof !

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    You don't always know beforehand... sometimes it takes a good while for the crazy to start seeping out!:dogkeke:

True,Those crazy women were good for awhile,But not ones to bring home to meet mom !

Attachments

• big like.jpg
      big like.jpg
      7 KB · Views: 121

frhunter13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2018
    New Orleans
    Certainly sensible, however common sense is NOT in the vocabulary of the people who enacted the Red Flag law in the first place. So don’t expect any support from them in this regard.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Certainly sensible, however common sense is NOT in the vocabulary of the people who enacted the Red Flag law in the first place. So don’t expect any support from them in this regard.

I suspect two elements in play on these red flag laws. First is the lunatic left, and the second is good people with valid concerns with no ability to think critically. I would love to have a reasonable fair way to remove weapons form people who are a danger to themselves or others, but once you give it half a seconds thought you realize it’s not really possible without institutionalizing them. In all honesty, if they are a danger to themselves or others an institution is the answer.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I suspect two elements in play on these red flag laws. First is the lunatic left, and the second is good people with valid concerns with no ability to think critically. I would love to have a reasonable fair way to remove weapons form people who are a danger to themselves or others, but once you give it half a seconds thought you realize it’s not really possible without institutionalizing them. In all honesty, if they are a danger to themselves or others an institution is the answer.

That’s all true. I’ll agree with all of it. And to boot, there is absolutely zero need for red flag laws as they are written. There have been laws on the books for years that address dealing with people who are SUSPECTED of being a danger to themselves or others. They may be taken to a facility and held for up to 72 hours to find whether they are indeed a danger, at which point they will either be released or committed. I worked within the confines of that system for 15 years and saw it work time and again. If they are a danger and still get released for whatever reason, they are a danger with or without firearms in the home. Like many other gun laws, these are being presented and passed under the guise of protecting the public. So far, What I’m seeing is contrary to that supposed purpose.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That’s all true. I’ll agree with all of it. And to boot, there is absolutely zero need for red flag laws as they are written. There have been laws on the books for years that address dealing with people who are SUSPECTED of being a danger to themselves or others. They may be taken to a facility and held for up to 72 hours to find whether they are indeed a danger, at which point they will either be released or committed. I worked within the confines of that system for 15 years and saw it work time and again. If they are a danger and still get released for whatever reason, they are a danger with or without firearms in the home. Like many other gun laws, these are being presented and passed under the guise of protecting the public. So far, What I’m seeing is contrary to that supposed purpose.

Your mindset in and around this subject is correct. These are purposefully hatched to circumvent an inaileable Constitutional Right incrementally to make it easier to destroy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom