Selling NFA question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pnn9806

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Metairie
    How easy or difficult would the process be to sell a suppressor that's on your trust? I have a integral suppressed 458 socom rifle that sees no use I was considering selling. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys/gals
    e1f3f2bb2f6fb1ad323127157fd4ee8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    In state, you can transfer directly from your trust to an individual or to another trust on a taxed Form 4. I know some class III dealers that insist it must go through them, but this isn't true. However, if it goes across state lines then you must go through dealers in each state.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    I was just reading about this.

If it goes across state lines, the buyer needs to get 2 stamps. one to transfer to the out of state dealer, and the second to actually purchase it.
    If it is in state, just need one form. But the seller needs to hold the item until it gets cleared. So it might be a while of holding it for the seller, and buyer has to trust the seller to hold it for 2-3 months and give it to them.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I was just reading about this.

If it goes across state lines, the buyer needs to get 2 stamps. one to transfer to the out of state dealer, and the second to actually purchase it.
    If it is in state, just need one form. But the seller needs to hold the item until it gets cleared. So it might be a while of holding it for the seller, and buyer has to trust the seller to hold it for 2-3 months and give it to them.

Partially right. If you sell out of state you pay the $200 to a SOT in the buyer's state. Its traditionally on the buyer (unless arranged in the sale of high dollar items) to pay the transfer tax from SOT to them.

Yes, the holding of the item is weird, but thats how its done. Some sellers do 50/50.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Partially right. If you sell out of state you pay the $200 to a SOT in the buyer's state. Its traditionally on the buyer (unless arranged in the sale of high dollar items) to pay the transfer tax from SOT to them.

Yes, the holding of the item is weird, but thats how its done. Some sellers do 50/50.

Could it legally be arranged by the seller, buyer, and a ffl for the ffl to hold the item until all paperwork has been cleared?

cjt0311

Pocket Ninja
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Why could you not just “sell” it to someone on your trust for said item and they have it legally?

Sorry for the raise of old thread*

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom