Join BayouShooter For Free

Honey Island Range Ofcr.

User Info Menu

Honey Island Shooting Range CLOSED for high water.

The Pearl River WMA and, subsequently, the Honey Island Shooting Range is currently closed for high water. The bridge that crosses Indian Bayou at the entrance to our range floods whenever the Pearl River flood gauge gets over 15.5ft and the WMA closes whenever it gets to 16.5ft.

Currently, the Pearl River gauge is sitting at 17.14ft and predicted to continue rising thru at least the middle of next week.

Please check the scrolling announcement at the top of our webpage at: http://www.honeyisland.org for the most updated information.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Looks like MCTA is a close distance alternative.

User Info Menu

I wish i would have checked this forum before heading out this past Friday. Drove from Madisonville to find the high water signs.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_Romero View Post
    I wish i would have checked this forum before heading out this past Friday. Drove from Madisonville to find the high water signs.
    I drove past yesterday and the water was nearly to the truck stop, so I know the WMA was under water. You should check out MCTA.
    *Disclaimer: Not on the vetted list. Defer all serious inquiries to the resident experts.*

Marksman

User Info Menu

I think there was a link to Honey Island Shooting Range in this thread. I've bookmarked it and it's easy to see if it's open/closed.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yep, I once wasted a whole Sunday to find out the range was flooded. I now check the flood stage the night before. https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydr...lix&gage=perl1 anything over 16' is a no go. Looks like the range will be closed this weekend. You should try MCTA since it's only 15 minutes from Honey Island.