Democrats....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Ok, many of you know I’m a good ole Mississippi boy. Well yesterday some idiot Democrat decided to put a red flag bill on the agenda.

Laughter is my immediate reaction. But I’m grateful to the Democrats for continuing to show their true colors.

Anyone who thinks there is a snowballs chance in hell of this becoming law either doesn’t know Mississippi or is more delusional that a peyote trip.

And for the legal beagles here is the legislation.

https://legiscan.com/MS/bill/SB2055/2020

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    With time and stupidity anything is possible. *That will never happen here* has been proven wrong time and time again. Sadly.

Yeah don’t get me wrong anything is possible with the right amount of persistence, but in this political climate we are more likely to see the devil giving sleigh rides. Mississippi has gone out of its way and passed bills that really had no use just to make the point that the Second Amendment won’t be trifled with here. It has passed all but a constitutional carry. I say that because it’s permit-less concealed carry in government approved conditions (holster on hip/shoulder or in a bag of some sort). The state has overwhelmingly stood for second amendment rights advocacy in recent years. It’s the popularity equivalent of pushing a bill in Louisiana that banned the use of purple and gold on football uniforms.

Last edited:

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    With time and stupidity anything is possible. *That will never happen here* has been proven wrong time and time again. Sadly.
    My father , a WWII Navy vet , born in 1924 who lived through Jim Crow , and strict segregation for years , said to me during the 2008 Presidential Campaign... "There is no way in heck a Black Man is ever going to get elected President of the USA !"
    After the election of Barack Obama and then his re-election Dad said he was now not surprised by anything and he predicted our country was on it's way to demise by the democrats liberalization . He declared " I've lived long enough...I've seen everything and no idiotic law passed would surprise me now ! "
    He passed away in 2015 so didn't get to see President Donald Trump beat out a woman for president ... Maybe just the thought of Her winning and being president killed him...

Nothing in politics surprises me and anything law wise is possible . I have no doubt , given enough time , little by little we will be slowly unarmed and defenseless .
    It's the first step to enslaving a nation...disarm them .
    Gary

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Yeah, Look at what those wack a doodles are trying in Virginia
    I'm surprised shooting hasn't started yet

I don’t think anything will happen there either I believe Virginians have made their voices heard. Mississippians have as well. The clown who sponsored the legislation is from a gerrymandered district and will be laughed right back into the hole he crawled out of.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Sounds like it’s pretty serious in Virginia. Their voter turn out was low for last election and now they regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Ok, many of you know I’m a good ole Mississippi boy. Well yesterday some idiot Democrat decided to put a red flag bill on the agenda.

Laughter is my immediate reaction. But I’m grateful to the Democrats for continuing to show their true colors.

Anyone who thinks there is a snowballs chance in hell of this becoming law either doesn’t know Mississippi or is more delusional that a peyote trip.

And for the legal beagles here is the legislation.

https://legiscan.com/MS/bill/SB2055/2020

The Democrats have enough financial support to persuade corrupt legislators and many in leadership to support "red flag" laws in most states. Because it bypasses due process it will eventually get shot down by SCOTUS and will result in massive law suits, however, it will stand until challenged in the meantime.

Hopefully your state leadership is not corrupt enough to pass it, but most states these days have enough DNC influence to look the other way. We all like the idea of disarming folks who pose a threat to innocent citizens, but bypassing due process via red flag type law is not the way to do it. We could simply charge an individual with a domestic/terrorizing at which point the law will lock up their guns or have a family member take possession. If an individual has not committed a crime they should never have their rights taken away even temporarily. Most states allow the enforcement of self protection laws and a mental evaluation period at which point a shrink could determine if they pose a threat to themselves or others followed by a probationary cool down period. If said individual refused to comply they could be charged with the crime of self endangerment or something that effect. I have a theory that all free citizens not on probation should be able to exercise all of their rights once they serve their time. Dangerous citizens with mental illness should be warded by the state they reside so they forfeit their rights until a court can map a path to independence. Dangerous criminals should be locked up or on probation if they are violent offenders. This would solve the problems we face but it costs money the politicians are pocketing from the tax system. They wont fund armed professionals in public schools, so that says something about their priorities. The Democrats wont even support armed volunteers like developed by NRA in the National School Shield program. They also won't get the mental health system squared away, and we face significant funding issues and fraud in the mental health system.

In the end SCOTUS will determine bypassing due process is a no no: we already know this. And I would recommend everyone who loses a family member to "abuse of a red flag warrant" the family should sue the **** out of the DNC, Legislators, and Law Enforcement who enforced the red flag without due process. Money talks.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Don't automatically assume that it can't happen simply because it's Mississippi. The story linked below tells how one determined individual flipped Colorado from a Red state to a Blue one. His ultimate goal was the Gay Rights agenda, but along the way, the newly Blue state put in some bad anti-gun laws which led to a great deal of political turmoil out there.

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2020/01/the-billionaires-behind-the-lgbt-movement

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom