Crazy Thing in Louisiana!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    And that's my point. The information he provided should be judged on its accuracy (by scheduling a follow up) rather than being judged based on the qualifications of the messenger. You never know, maybe your lawn guy has experience detecting lumps on prostates.

Heck he may have been a neurosurgeon in Guatemala.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    And that's my point. The information he provided should be judged on its accuracy (by scheduling a follow up) rather than being judged based on the qualifications of the messenger. You never know, maybe your lawn guy has experience detecting lumps on prostates.

Sounds like the ol' second opinion conundrum. As for my lawn guy? He has skilled hands indeed! He pulls a mean weed!

- - - Updated - - -

Heck he may have been a neurosurgeon in Guatemala.

He's Mexican!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Sounds like the ol' second opinion conundrum. As for my lawn guy? He has skilled hands indeed! He pulls a mean weed!

- - - Updated - - -

He's Mexican!

Does he have a shirt with his company name on it? That matters at least here it does

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    This whole lawn guy and a prostate has me scared. See I thought that there were blood tests and a non-man-finger thing that was used if a blood test came back questionable.
    I'm just under the age where I need to start worrying about the good ol prostate, But c'mon guys, have we not advanced to a better way??

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA

Like maybe he was a retired Military Medic who had worked in urology clinics most of his career, prior to his lawn business.

Even though this post has wandered somewhat, Austin's original post has caused some thoughtful thinking. One of the most important and difficult things in my life and for most people I know is to determine who is capable, knowledgeable, and truthful versus who is a BSing idiot. Arrogant know-it-alls are the most likely to screw things up. Someone who is conscious of the fact that they are human, don't know everything and can make mistakes, usually does the best work. As has been said in this post with so many good examples, credentials can be helpful but we should not discount someone's knowledge who doesn't have all the paper.

This is the only forum I really pay attention too. Yes there are some "B.S.ers" here, but it never ceases to amaze me the number of intelligent, accomplished and knowledgeable people found here too. I think they will decide who the "experts" are without the need for any big brother committee.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    This whole lawn guy and a prostate has me scared. See I thought that there were blood tests and a non-man-finger thing that was used if a blood test came back questionable.
    I'm just under the age where I need to start worrying about the good ol prostate, But c'mon guys, have we not advanced to a better way??

We have the most technologically advanced vehicles in the world but sometimes riding a horse is fun too. :D

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    [Dad] Don't Make Me Turn This Car around[/Dad]
    Let's keep the thread clean and off the Crazy Trains Tracks.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

"but I want this post to get a bit more views than what something like it would normally see." -Austin (OP)

The only way this thread is going to stay on the first page is to bump it to the top daily, or stimulate readers with some entertainment; because obviously the actual point of the thread has already peaked and has lost its steam.

I guess he could bump it each day, since he is sorting selling this idea?!? :dunno:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    "but I want this post to get a bit more views than what something like it would normally see." -Austin (OP)

The only way this thread is going to stay on the first page is to bump it to the top daily, or stimulate readers with some entertainment; because obviously the actual point of the thread has already peaked and has lost its steam.

I guess he could bump it each day, since he is sorting selling this idea?!? :dunno:

Or he could pin it since he's an admin.

This thread was rapidly gaining views prior to you and your pals talking about having your nether regions stimulated by other men.

Pinky42

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2020
    Stanton, Texas
    This is a great thread and for me as a new comer to this site, it is very helpful to see a community come together to better not only others with your knowledge and information but to also be open to a better or best practice that someone else may offer. Thank you, I for one will be navigating through your posts to learn that which I don't know.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

You're right. I guess it's time to close the thread then. If Austin doesn't agree, he can reopen it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    To seek truths is to take the path of greatest resistance, whether it brings you satisfaction is a decision only you can make. Most of the old assumptions are rooted in a great deal of truth, but there are always weakness to any perceived hypothesis. To find "truth" you must weigh hypothesis and counter hypothesis and weigh the outcome statistically. Sometimes a more probable hypothesis is just a fraction of a percent. I believe in the end fate and divinity dictates our truths and if we are arrogant enough to believe there is a single truth in any one thing, we are naive.

You're right. I guess it's time to close the thread then. If Austin doesn't agree, he can reopen it.

I'll reopen it in a few days. Maybe we can continue having a decent discussion about people not being stupid.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'll reopen it in a few days. Maybe we can continue having a decent discussion about people not being stupid.

Re-opened...hoping more people read it and strive to learn.

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    I read it. Not sure what I just read..but I read it.
    I'm just a jumped up cad monkey who knows a bit about building boats, ships, and the occasional floating offshore structure. I like converting money into noise and smoke and now that I've got a little more time in my life I intend to get some more training and do more shooting.
    The problem I see is everyone who actually sends you certs to get "vetted" is going to be the kind of CrossFit doing, vegan lifestyle, HOA presidents that need to exert their authority. Not actual authorities.
    But it'll be useful to know.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

scoutgunner

Premium Member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Houma, LA
    Outstanding! I rarely post because I find myself surrounded by more knowledgeable folks. I don’t hunt. My experience was 45 years ago as a crewchief/doorgunner on an OH-23 and OH-6A.
    I like to learn about various cleaning techniques, target shooting, stance, etc. come the revolution, I am ready. My scooter is all charged up. Just need to mount an M-60 on my trusty scooter somehow. Any suggestions?
    Seriously, I appreciate all the comments and advice given by so many. God Bless you all

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Only thing I have to add is I think when you do find yourself having a conversation about guns with an anti gunner try too be nice and stick to the facts. Try to be educational and not confrontational. Know when to walk away because plenty aren't capable of a rational conversation. And if you're inbred white trash that has no idea what you're talking about just stay home, you're dong more harm than good....yea I said it.

snowman

Been there, done that
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 7, 2020
    SE Baton Rouge, La.
    Austin, I don't agree with your general line of thinking. Everyone and their circumstances are unique, so what someone thinks are best practices for them may not be the best for you. You say that "If all that someone can say to justify their position is that 'it works for them,' it probably isn't a best practice." How do you know that? Like you say, you don't know what you don't know. I think the best we can hope for is to expose ourselves to different opinions and procedures, consider their merits, and incorporate part or all or none of them into our own view or ways of doing things. Finally, we sometimes do things in a way we know is not the best, whatever that is; we do them our way because that's the way we enjoy doing them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom