Crazy Thing in Louisiana!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Figured I would drop this here. :D

dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-abraham-60065561.png

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I once had a Glock question about a trigger that failed to reset. It stumped two dozen Glock armorers. One guy, who I don't believe was an armorer at the time, knew how to fix it. From what I gathered, it was due to the time period those armorers received their certification. The gun in question wasn't part of the course at that time. So it would seem that a certification doesn't necessarily mean you will get the right answer. I mean, look at all the NRA instructors out there who preach bad info.

Most of your comments regarding this idea makes me feel you aren’t exactly for it. You seem to be one of the quickest on here to point the finger telling people their choice of firearm or technique is wrong. Would you care to tell me what if any certifications or real world experience you base your advice on, or can I just assume you have none and just regurgitate what you read or have been told?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Most of your comments regarding this idea makes me feel you aren’t exactly for it. You seem to be one of the quickest on here to point the finger telling people their choice of firearm or technique is wrong. Would you care to tell me what if any certifications or real world experience you base your advice on, or can I just assume you have none and just regurgitate what you read or have been told?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not on the vetted list, so you don't have to worry about my comments :mamoru:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm not on the vetted list, so you don't have to worry about my comments :mamoru:

Neither am I. I'm just a dude who likes guns and learning random stuff. I'm also a fan of slowing the spread of bad information (#FakeNews)!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just in case anyone wanted some comical afternoon reading.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?184812-It-s-Your-Ammo-Not-Your-Pistol

This quote seems relevant...

I hope members here do go back and read that thread entirely. It clearly illustrates what this current thread desires to dissuade; overbearing know-it-alls trying to tell someone else (who really doesn't care), how to; "do it right!" It went from a practical technical firearm topic about gun mechanics, to; "you are training incorrectly and your techniques goes against what I and a few others..........(Blah, Blah, Blah!)"

I said it before, I like many of you guys here, but many just don't know when to stop pissing up the rope!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I hope members here do go back and read that thread entirely. It clearly illustrates what this current thread desires to dissuade; overbearing know-it-alls trying to tell someone else (who really doesn't care), how to; "do it right!" It went from a practical technical firearm topic about gun mechanics, to; "you are training incorrectly and your techniques goes against what I and a few others..........(Blah, Blah, Blah!)"

I said it before, I like many of you guys here, but many just don't know when to stop pissing up the rope!

I'm pretty sure that was addressed in the thread but I'll address it here just in case. You are free to train however you like. But if you post a dangerous technique on a public forum, you should expect to get called out. It has nothing to do with overbearing know-it-alls. It has to do with the safety of the new/inexperienced gun owners who look at this site hoping to get some practical knowledge. You may not care about the well-being of others but there are people on here who do.

If you'd prefer to not get called out for a dangerous training technique, don't post them on here.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It went from a practical technical firearm topic about gun mechanics, to; "you are training incorrectly and your techniques goes against what I and a few others..........(Blah, Blah, Blah!)"

You were called out for advocating unsafe practices.

I'm pretty sure that was addressed in the thread but I'll address it here just in case. You are free to train however you like. But if you post a dangerous technique on a public forum, you should expect to get called out. It has nothing to do with overbearing know-it-alls. It has to do with the safety of the new/inexperienced gun owners who look at this site hoping to get some practical knowledge. You may not care about the well-being of others but there are people on here who do.

If you'd prefer to not get called out for a dangerous training technique, don't post them on here.

All of that.

man-hand-point-up-with-finger-isolated-on-white-backgroundcopy-space-picture-id1075016544

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

You were called out for advocating unsafe practices.

All of that.

man-hand-point-up-with-finger-isolated-on-white-backgroundcopy-space-picture-id1075016544

There you two go again! :doh:

Whatever the case may be, you are assuming that you possess the qualifications to dictate your dogma or beliefs on others regardless of the circumstances, or the reasons. Fine. The worst thing you are doing is assuming that other adults on this forum can't read a thread and decide what is best for them them, as if they are susceptible to shooting themselves if someone here tells them to.

Take the thread that Dave evoked as a picture perfect example. Rudimentary technical handgun malfunction cause and effect, and you two turn it into a "holier than thou" **** show. I don't know about anyone else (like you two obviously do), but I would bet others read that thread and said to themselves, "What the hell do these guys comments have to do with the price of tea in China?"

So I am being called out? Who coronated you to call anybody out? Not being combative, being serious?

I gave you a cogent explanation of what I did, why I did it, how I would continue to do it, without the slightest care to the contrary, and that still didn't stop you guys from chiming in. I suppose if you would have just said, "Dude, that sounds dangerous!" and left it that, I would have said, perhaps! But you didn't! You guys droned on and on how reprehensible I must be for doing something I want to do in my own spare time on my own property! Talk about pompous!

To that, none of you know my situation, my capabilities, my thought processes, my property, or much else about me; other than the **** on here. I'm okay with that, but please; stop derailing every discussion every time!

You can add germane and topical advice without being so damned condescending.

:kiss:

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Whatever the case may be, you are assuming that you possess the qualifications to dictate your dogma or beliefs on others regardless of the circumstances, or the reasons. Fine. The worst thing you are doing is assuming that other adults on this forum can't read a thread and decide what is best for them them, as if they are susceptible to shooting themselves if someone here tells them to.

Take the thread that Dave evoked as a picture perfect example. Rudimentary technical handgun malfunction cause and effect, and you two turn it into a "holier than thou" **** show. I don't know about anyone else (like you two obviously do), but I would bet others read that thread and said to themselves, "What the hell do these guys comments have to do with the price of tea in China?"

So I am being called out? Who coronated you to call anybody out? Not being combative, being serious?

I gave you a cogent explanation of what I did, why I did it, how I would continue to do it, without the slightest care to the contrary, and that still didn't stop you guys from chiming in. I suppose if you would have just said, "Dude, that sounds dangerous!" and left it that, I would have said, perhaps! But you didn't! You guys droned on and on how reprehensible I must be for doing something I want to do in my own spare time on my own property! Talk about pompous!

To that, none of you know my situation, my capabilities, my thought processes, my property, or much else about me; other than the **** on here. I'm okay with that, but please; stop derailing every discussion every time!

Hahahahaha!! Now ask about using a shotgun for home defense! Make it a mossberg 500 while you’re at it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I added a disclaimer to my signature for you and the other experts.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol those were fun threads.

Nothing beats the laser judge.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That coming from you...

You damned right I will derail a thread when it's the Titanic and I see a shitload of icebergs in the distance and/or comedy.

But say what you will, I don't ever remember an OP of a thread, PM me, or state in it; "Emp, why are you derailing my thread?"

Do I offer my inner perspectives on subjects that circle the thread, or exit lane it? Sure! When the point needs extra context!

Can I sometimes act like a jerk? A pompous ass? An arrogant dick? Yes! As an opinionated member, sometimes, I can't help myself. But I stop short, if at all possible, of looking down my nose on people here. There is a huge difference between offering a perspective and figuratively calling someone an idiot!

I'm not trying to fight you or anyone else here. Just want to enjoy the discussions, hopefully learn something here and there (which I have for certain), and maybe impart some wisdom from my experiences. Believe me, I am stimulated when well written arguments are made regardless of whether it's me in the barrel or not.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I don't care about your situation, your capabilities, your thought processes, your property, or much else about you. I care that a dangerous training technique was brought up and that it was suggested people go out and learn about that dangerous technique. The fact it was you who posted it is irrelevant. If someone else had posted it, they would rightfully get called out. It doesn't matter that I called you out. Anyone could, and should, when dangerous techniques are discussed.

Don't be so condescending? I was barely condescending, if even at all. In fact, I was open to consider the merits of the training. There just didn't seem to be any.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You damned right I will derail a thread when it's the Titanic and I see a shitload of icebergs in the distance and/or comedy.

But say what you will, I don't ever remember an OP of a thread, PM me, or state in it; "Emp, why are you derailing my thread?"

Do I offer my inner perspectives on subjects that circle the thread, or exit lane it? Sure! When the point needs extra context!

Can I sometimes act like a jerk? A pompous ass? An arrogant dick? Yes! As an opinionated member, sometimes, I can't help myself. But I stop short, if at all possible, of looking down my nose on people here. There is a huge difference between offering a perspective and figuratively calling someone an idiot!

I'm not trying to fight you or anyone else here. Just want to enjoy the discussions, hopefully learn something here and there (which I have for certain), and maybe impart some wisdom from my experiences. Believe me, I am stimulated when well written arguments are made regardless of whether it's me in the barrel or not.

Extra context was required in the discussion about the "shoot your buddy while running away" technique.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't care about your situation, your capabilities, your thought processes, your property, or much else about you. I care that a dangerous training technique was brought up and that it was suggested people go out and learn about that dangerous technique. The fact it was you who posted it is irrelevant. If someone else had posted it, they would rightfully get called out. It doesn't matter that I called you out. Anyone could, and should, when dangerous techniques are discussed.

Don't be so condescending? I was barely condescending, if even at all. In fact, I was open to consider the merits of the training. There just didn't seem to be any.

That's fine! My technique was drawn into the thread where it didn't need to be, it was presented, debated, and argued. It had a crap ton of views, so I assume it was a few other than those that actually commented.

With that, I (being the statesman I think I am), would just let the people decide for themselves. I would actually love for people to PM me and tell me if they thought it was dangerous or not, but my mailbox is almost full, and I don't have a premium membership! :dunno:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom