SpaceX Crew Dragon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I haven't seen a post in here for a while so I figured I would post this for people who don't follow space news. Ove the weekend SpaceX did a in-flight abort test of their Crew Dragon module and it passed with flying colors. This is a huge milestone in getting crewed space flight back to the USA. Currently, in order to get astronauts to the ISS we have to buy seats on a Russain Soyuz rocket and it launches out of Russia. SpaceX and Boeing are in a race to see who can get astronauts to the ISS from here in the USA. So far SpaceX is in the lead with this in-flight abort test.This is an exciting time for space flight in the US.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/01/spacex-successfully-completes-its-dragon-abort-test/

Also if you are interested SpaceX is also currently working on StarHopper which will be a land and launch module for travel to the moon and possibly Mars. They are hoping to launch a suborbital prototype by the end of the year. Elon may be crazy but he is doing things for space flight not seen since the beginning of NASA.

Top Bottom