SpaceX Crew Dragon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I haven't seen a post in here for a while so I figured I would post this for people who don't follow space news. Ove the weekend SpaceX did a in-flight abort test of their Crew Dragon module and it passed with flying colors. This is a huge milestone in getting crewed space flight back to the USA. Currently, in order to get astronauts to the ISS we have to buy seats on a Russain Soyuz rocket and it launches out of Russia. SpaceX and Boeing are in a race to see who can get astronauts to the ISS from here in the USA. So far SpaceX is in the lead with this in-flight abort test.This is an exciting time for space flight in the US.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/01/spacex-successfully-completes-its-dragon-abort-test/

Also if you are interested SpaceX is also currently working on StarHopper which will be a land and launch module for travel to the moon and possibly Mars. They are hoping to launch a suborbital prototype by the end of the year. Elon may be crazy but he is doing things for space flight not seen since the beginning of NASA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom