1/20/2020 Richmond VA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    See, even here on this forum, some have to come out and rip on the dude that toted a Barrett all day. That's how they want things to go. "Yeah, we should have ARs and AKs and stuff, but c'mon, that Barrett's just a bit much." Kinda like bump stocks. And remember, Barrett stood up as a company and told California to pound sand in support of citizens and their rights. Sure, if the dude totes it around as his EDC, give him the business, but it's a gun rights rally! That's exactly where he should be with that thing!

I agree with you Kraut,Hell,I want to shoot that son-of-a-gun too,

Mai if the rally was in BR, I would have painted up a piece of PVC,Hung some other goodies on it to make it look like a Bazooka,

Put on my LSU thong complete with Tiger tail sticking out my arse and paraded around the capital wearing high heels and a flaming red wig !!!

Your correct about Barrett and Commie-land,I think there is another state up Nawth Barrett told them to Go toss off !!!

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Your conclusion to the ripping is wrong. People here don't think the Barrett is a bit much to own. The Barrett should be legal but it is a bit much at a gun rights rally meant to change people's minds. It's extreme and shocking to people who aren't gun people. And those are the people who need the convincing.

An Ar15 is extreme and shocking to those people too, hell a 25 acp is shocking to non gun people.

I've heard enough arguments from non gun people that think no one should own any gun especially for self defense reasons, touting " would you really shoot someone with that thing". Screw them, I dont think their anti-2a activist minds can be changed.

I was hoping to see tanks there.

Last edited:

Rougarou

Wanderer of the Wasteland
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    St. Charles Parish
    Guillotine is not even a little bit excessive, Dave. Neither would have been the tar & feathers merchant cart. To be completely honest I would have wanted to shake his hand for lugging a 30 lb rifle around for 4 hours. I heard rumor that guy owns a gun store in upstate New York but i've not seen any confirmation of it.

Last edited:

Rougarou

Wanderer of the Wasteland
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    St. Charles Parish
    Maybe I’m loosing my marbles but I’m pretty sure they have previously protested against 2A rallies. Something smells here.

Saw a FB post from Seven Hills Antifa (the Richmond local 'chapter') with a Marx quote stating "the workers shall not be disarmed" as justification. Streamers said there were 150-200 of them in a separate area but I only ever saw four of them on the streams.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Guillotine is not even a little bit excessive, Dave. Neither would have been the tar & feathers merchant cart. To be completely honest I would have wanted to shake his hand for lugging a 30 lb rifle around for 4 hours. I heard rumor that guy owns a gun store in upstate New York but i've not seen any confirmation of it.

No, it's excessive and unnecessary. It's a pro-firearms rally.

Yes, he is the owner of The Firing Pin range.
    https://www.facebook.com/TheFiringPinLlc/

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    An Ar15 is extreme and shocking to those people too, hell a 25 acp is shocking to non gun people.

I've heard enough arguments from non gun people that think no one should own any gun especially for self defense reasons, touting " would you really shoot someone with that thing". Screw them, I dont think their anti-2a activist minds can be changed.

I was hoping to see tanks there.

I hear ya dude, but there are closed-minded folks on both sides and people who can be swayed. Those are the ones I fear we send running for the hills when people show up dressed like a want-a-be GI Joe attention seeking. Look if private citizens showed up disciplined and squared away in an organized security force (I’m not talking the Like in Bend Oregon) to make sure the rally was safe I would not be bothered but the people I saw that were carrying long-guns weren’t there to provide security.

And again that’s their right and my right too and I want to keep that right, but being careful not to make us all look like a bunch of loose nuts ain’t gonna help.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Laura's show on Fox News showed lots of coverage amd talked with normal persons and cops ascwell as the Cheif of Police there.
    Was nice to see good coverage.
    As much as i like to see guys carry, i just wish some would carry in.another way.
    OWB Pancake 38 snub shirt tucked in over left cheek. Someone walking behind you could just grab it as it has no strap to retain it at all. Same with Uncle Mike's in the hip.
    Getting shot with my own gun is not something i think is recommend by any source.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I would have liked to see someone pull up with an artillery piece, and point it at the capital building. Stack a few rounds next to it for effect.

Considering that there were snipers on every rooftop. That the Governor brought in MRAPS. I don't think a .50 cal was excessive at all.

I think an AT-4 would have been appropriate.

All with proper documentation, of course.

I love how what is excessive for civilians is not excessive for the government. Almost like the government is better than the citizens it serves.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I love how what is excessive for civilians is not excessive for the government. Almost like the government is better than the citizens it serves.

I love that you assume the comment about being excessive is indicative that we do not think civilians should own them.

The comment was not about ownership.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I would have liked to see someone pull up with an artillery piece, and point it at the capital building. Stack a few rounds next to it for effect.

Considering that there were snipers on every rooftop. That the Governor brought in MRAPS. I don't think a .50 cal was excessive at all.

I think an AT-4 would have been appropriate.

All with proper documentation, of course.

Did you anticipate the people needing to defend themselves from the government with the cartridge box at this event? I think that would be jumping two steps. The governor was basically a dog showing his teeth. I don’t think the intellectually prudent choice is to bare ours back at him. But instead the answer was to show him how out numbered he is. That was accomplished just by the shear numbers who showed up.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Did you anticipate the people needing to defend themselves from the government with the cartridge box at this event? I think that would be jumping two steps. The governor was basically a dog showing his teeth. I don’t think the intellectually prudent choice is to bare ours back at him. But instead the answer was to show him how out numbered he is. That was accomplished just by the shear numbers who showed up.

And if we're going to talk about starting a war, which is the last thing people should be thinking about, a.k.a. the boogaloo, homeboy with the M82 wasn't there for that. He was there to get attention and that's exactly what he got. MSM news outlets took it as an opportunity to single him out rather than portray what was actually happening as a whole.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    So far in life I have come to realize there are a few things or lessons that apply to every situation.

Presentation is Half the Sale.

I find this includes not only tangible things but I this case, the presentation of a huge weapon like the one being spoken of here that sells the wrong idea to a lot of people. Hey I'm as excited to know that a civilian can own and operate a weapon that powerful. Would I think it's necessary to parade that thing about and amidst a large crowd of people trying to solidify 2nd amendment rights??? Only my 2 pennies worth, but that guy is like the guy that decided to stretch his amendment rights not even a week after a Wally world shooting spree went on, by strutting into Wally world all decked out with his ar.

Remember to hugg it out when it's all.over.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Who's following Richmond today ?

Claim's are 100K to 120k patriots on the street.

Live link below

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ans-come-to-virginia-to-rally-for-gun-rights/

I think it fell short by about 93,000 to 113,000. But hey, some people have to work for a living too!

The biggest takeaway for Virginians (and others around the country), should be that only 3 major metropolitan cities were able to give freedom and America hating democrats full majority control of their government! The threats of stricter gun control is the result of that!

It is not wonder to me why so many clear minded Americans are disillusioned with this process.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I think it fell short by about 93,000 to 113,000. But hey, some people have to work for a living too!

The biggest takeaway for Virginians (and others around the country), should be that only 3 major metropolitan cities were able to give freedom and America hating democrats full majority control of their government! The threats of stricter gun control is the result of that!

It is not wonder to me why so many clear-minded Americans are disillusioned with this process.

Also unlike the Dem's, no one paid the participants to be there as well as bused in anyone there to push the Dem's agenda.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    And if we're going to talk about starting a war, which is the last thing people should be thinking about, a.k.a. the boogaloo, homeboy with the M82 wasn't there for that. He was there to get attention and that's exactly what he got. MSM news outlets took it as an opportunity to single him out rather than portray what was actually happening as a whole.

So far in life I have come to realize there are a few things or lessons that apply to every situation.

Presentation is Half the Sale.

I find this includes not only tangible things but I this case, the presentation of a huge weapon like the one being spoken of here that sells the wrong idea to a lot of people. Hey I'm as excited to know that a civilian can own and operate a weapon that powerful. Would I think it's necessary to parade that thing about and amidst a large crowd of people trying to solidify 2nd amendment rights??? Only my 2 pennies worth, but that guy is like the guy that decided to stretch his amendment rights not even a week after a Wally world shooting spree went on, by strutting into Wally world all decked out with his ar.

Remember to hugg it out when it's all.over.

Yeah these attention whores make me sad for our country.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom