1/20/2020 Richmond VA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks Gator. I thought maybe since the Virginia thread got shot down the discussion was off limits or something. I been watching.

It's completely unreasonable to believe discussions about the situation in Virginia are off limits on this board based on the previous thread being shut down. If that were the case, the powers that be surely would not have allowed 145 posts over the course of 35 days before taking actions. That thread got closed because of the bickering and because people went whining to the mods.

Just the one dork with his M82.

83147955_10221849975941492_7903004179877068800_n.jpg

Yeah..."mah rights" and all. I get it. But that's overkill. I'm pro gun and in my mind that takes away from the intended message.

I like that the anti-gun rally was cancelled due to the though it might turn violent. I believe it's more likely it was canceled due to the comparatively low number of people who would have shown up.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just the one dork with his M82.

83147955_10221849975941492_7903004179877068800_n.jpg

Mannnn that's probably the most exercise that guy has gotten in the past five years. Carrying that bad boy around all day had to have gotten quite tiring. A+ to him.

IBWP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Monroe, LA
    Good to see people from all walks of life there in Richmond. I was passing by the Mississippi state Capitol and noticed at least 200 people holding a 2A rally there too.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    See, even here on this forum, some have to come out and rip on the dude that toted a Barrett all day. That's how they want things to go. "Yeah, we should have ARs and AKs and stuff, but c'mon, that Barrett's just a bit much." Kinda like bump stocks. And remember, Barrett stood up as a company and told California to pound sand in support of citizens and their rights. Sure, if the dude totes it around as his EDC, give him the business, but it's a gun rights rally! That's exactly where he should be with that thing!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    See, even here on this forum, some have to come out and rip on the dude that toted a Barrett all day. That's how they want things to go. "Yeah, we should have ARs and AKs and stuff, but c'mon, that Barrett's just a bit much." Kinda like bump stocks. And remember, Barrett stood up as a company and told California to pound sand in support of citizens and their rights. Sure, if the dude totes it around as his EDC, give him the business, but it's a gun rights rally! That's exactly where he should be with that thing!
    Well said. And I’m pretty sure he did it because he can.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Your conclusion to the ripping is wrong. People here don't think the Barrett is a bit much to own. The Barrett should be legal but it is a bit much at a gun rights rally meant to change people's minds. It's extreme and shocking to people who aren't gun people. And those are the people who need the convincing.

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.
    Your conclusion to the ripping is wrong. People here don't think the Barrett is a bit much to own. The Barrett should be legal but it is a bit much at a gun rights rally meant to change people's minds. It's extreme and shocking to people who aren't gun people. And those are the people who need the convincing.

I agree. Just because you can does not mean its a good idea.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

I respectfully disagree. The left paints as cartoonish nut jobs running around with guns that aren’t appropriate for normal people to have. This guy fits the cartoonish description of ‘Hambo’ and humped a 50 cal all day because it’s the biggest toy he owned and wanted attention. I have no issue with him owning on or shooting one so long as he being safe with it.

But here’s my problem we are guaranteed the right to keep and bare arms by the 2nd amendment, but the 18th prohibited alcohol and the 21st overturned that. Point being the ‘Hambo’s’ of the world aren’t doing us any favors in the eyes of the public and the public ultimately controls weather or not they tolerate a government overreach. Remember amendments can be overturned by amendments.

If someone is a ‘Hambo’, I’m sorry I’m not trying to be hurtful (probably about a sensitive as you will get from me), but your actions while legal and your right to do so, may bare consequences for all of us gun guys. So please if you feel the urge to take your favorite ‘toy’ out in a politically charged and expected to have been tumultuous event please chose another venue for show and tell. As far as I’m concerned if you were the with your AR and you were not providing security (in some organized capacity) or trying to sell it, lend it, or something of the sort you were likely being an attention whore.

Look I’m the guy who believes we should get back to everyone carrying on their hip for all the world to see, but that will never happen until we stem the tide, and change a large portion of the public’s perspective. We don’t do that by walking around with a 50cal.

Further more I watched some of the Breitbart feed and they interviewed several guys and gals with AR’s. They appeared to be a very comfortable (probably too comfortable) in such a large crowd while maintaining control of a firearm. My point is they expected Skinheads and ANTIFA, what happens if someone decided to take one of those ARs and turn the whole thing to a $hitshow in seconds. And we all know how the media would have painted that story.

We have to be careful fellas I’m not gonna tell you what you should or shouldn’t do/have I just want to point out potential consequences for your actions.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom