1/20/2020 Richmond VA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So what you're saying is that intent matters and is actually a thing? Go figure.

I'll say this: A bunch of fat nerds showing up with their fancy toys doesn't help any gun-right movement. A nerdy looking dude going out there toting a 50BMG is silly. He was there to show off his fancy (and very heavy) toy.

No I’m saying perception is the perceivers reality. These defuses did nothing wrong but they haven’t done anything beneficial for our cause by being the left wing media’s real live cartoon. When you combine their lack of self awesomeness with their intent of attention whoring it is increasingly frustrating for the rest of us.

Now, the idiot who walked through the Walmart got the same feelings towards his bad ideas I just didn’t believe the charges were entirely appropriate because they implied his intent was to create a panic. My argument was he was a moron and not a terrorist.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I didn’t hear Ham bone’s take on any of it. Is that really what he said? I also don’t believe I should be laying out any ground rules for how people who are conducting a peaceful protest should strive to appear or behave as long as it’s peaceful, especially when I’m not in attendance. I can only speak for myself. Would I tote my .50 all day at a rally? Nope. But I’m happy that we are guaranteed the right to express ourselves and to say what’s on our minds. Whatever statement Ham bone was trying to make was made yesterday. That says more about the first amendment than the second in my opinion.

Look I’m not trying to create a rule book. I’m not trying to tell anyone what to do. All I’m saying is it’s worth considering that walking around with a 5 foot phallic symbol isn’t winning any hearts and minds for our cause.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    No I’m saying perception is the perceivers reality. These defuses did nothing wrong but they haven’t done anything beneficial for our cause by being the left wing media’s real live cartoon.
    I think their attendance added to the number of protesters at the very least. I think the number in attendance did something beneficial to gun owning public of Virginia.
    If we let the left run the narrative AND we buy the narrative hook line and sinker and conform to the narrative of the left what then have we done beneficial to our cause. If we let them set the rules and run the show what will we ever have in the way of gun rights? Should we look to the left for permission to own guns? I’m truly not trying to stir the pot here guys, just trying to point out the obvious. I understand if some don’t want to see it but there it is. All fat nerds aside, I don’t wanna give the left that sort of power over my liberty.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think their attendance added to the number of protesters at the very least. I think the number in attendance did something beneficial to gun owning public of Virginia.

Yes. I would rather he show up with his 50 than not show up at all.

If we let the left run the narrative AND we buy the narrative hook line and sinker and conform to the narrative of the left what then have we done beneficial to our cause. If we let them set the rules and run the show what will we ever have in the way of gun rights? Should we look to the left for permission to own guns? I’m truly not trying to stir the pot here guys, just trying to point out the obvious. I understand if some don’t want to see it but there it is. All fat nerds aside, I don’t wanna give the left that sort of power over my liberty.

I agree, we should not look to the left for permission to own guns.

Ok, did you find my post personal offensive?

To be honest, the last post was sarcasm. You do not possess what it take to offend me.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Look I’m not trying to create a rule book. I’m not trying to tell anyone what to do. All I’m saying is it’s worth considering that walking around with a 5 foot phallic symbol isn’t winning any hearts and minds for our cause.
    Ok, great, good place to start. Ask yourself if the 5 ft phallic symbol thought was purely your own, or in any way influenced by anyone or anything else you’ve seen in the media or otherwise since Hambone surfaced. Of course I’ll consider that maybe toting a .50 doesn’t look good to many folks on both sides of the gun rights debate. But on that same notion, I gotta wonder why I would worry about what the left thinks, why there is a gun rights debate, who gave the other side the whistle and declared them the authority and why I wouldn’t object to every statement they make in opposition to my God given rights.
    If I was worried that the left finds showing a BFG offensive or that they’ll have some imaginary petty leg to stand on then I’m caught in their trap. They can spew whatever rhetoric they want, but it only affects me if I let it. Because guess what, if I worry about any of that I’ve let them make me afraid to express myself and to stand up for my rights. Afraid to speak up. Afraid it’s not acceptable. Just like the politically correct movement. That’s what that did for our country. People afraid to speak up.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

You keep acting as if I care about the left. I care about those who are ambivalent. I would prefer we not give the media any fodder.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yes. I would rather he show up with his 50 than not show up at all.

I agree, we should not look to the left for permission to own guns.

To be honest, the last post was sarcasm. You do not possess what it take to offend me.
    Great, then I see no reason to respond and feel like it’s best if I don’t.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You keep acting as if I care about the left. I care about those who are ambivalent. I would prefer we not give the media any fodder.

You don’t want to give the media any fodder but you don’t care about the left. Ok. I got that. I was just trying to show another perspective. Like maybe the left and the media...

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You don’t want to give the media any fodder but you don’t care about the left. Ok. I got that. I was just trying to show another perspective. Like maybe the left and the media...

I will repeat myself, I don’t care what they think or say, only what they can make the average ambivalent member of society believe.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I will repeat myself, I don’t care what they think or say, only what they can make the average ambivalent member of society believe.

Well, I understand, although they’ve pushed lies for as long as I can remember and I don’t think that will change regardless. If the average ambivalent member of society is buying what they’re selling it was prolly gonna happen anyway.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They operate on the basis that if you tell the same lies long enough it will become truth.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok, great, good place to start. Ask yourself if the 5 ft phallic symbol thought was purely your own, or in any way influenced by anyone or anything else you’ve seen in the media or otherwise since Hambone surfaced. Of course I’ll consider that maybe toting a .50 doesn’t look good to many folks on both sides of the gun rights debate. But on that same notion, I gotta wonder why I would worry about what the left thinks, why there is a gun rights debate, who gave the other side the whistle and declared them the authority and why I wouldn’t object to every statement they make in opposition to my God given rights.
    If I was worried that the left finds showing a BFG offensive or that they’ll have some imaginary petty leg to stand on then I’m caught in their trap. They can spew whatever rhetoric they want, but it only affects me if I let it. Because guess what, if I worry about any of that I’ve let them make me afraid to express myself and to stand up for my rights. Afraid to speak up. Afraid it’s not acceptable. Just like the politically correct movement. That’s what that did for our country. People afraid to speak up.

The whole point of the rally was to show the left there are a lot of law abiding citizens disagree with the opinion of the left. To support the meeting as a guns rights rally is to acknowledge that the opinion of the left should be heard and countered. Otherwise, that thing in Virginia was just a meet and greet. If you care about what the left thinks, you couldn't object to what they say.

Great, then I see no reason to respond and feel like it’s best if I don’t.

Yeah...I agree.

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    Cnn and other networks were calling these people white supremacists. Looks like a mix of all races to me. Old School - Great question. ANTIFA wears masks and attack people. Talk about double standards.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Mission accomplished, I suppose. Nobody cares about the peaceful rally, they just want to talk about the dude walking around with the "military grade sniper rifle."

https://nypost.com/2020/01/20/new-york-man-wows-at-virginia-gun-rally-with-5-foot-sniper-rifle/

EOuyXGrX4AAlVcF.jpg

EOuziQgW4AI7Nhu.jpg

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.
    50 caliber dude is all giddy with the attention! This is the thing here guys as of late conservatives are not getting out to vote when they should be. Just look at the last election.

Top Bottom