1/20/2020 Richmond VA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    An Ar15 is extreme and shocking to those people too, hell a 25 acp is shocking to non gun people.

I've heard enough arguments from non gun people that think no one should own any gun especially for self defense reasons, touting " would you really shoot someone with that thing". Screw them, I dont think their anti-2a activist minds can be changed.

I was hoping to see tanks there.

Not everyone who believes a 50BMG rifle to be extreme believes AR's are extreme.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I love that you assume the comment about being excessive is indicative that we do not think civilians should own them.

The comment was not about ownership.

I love how you assume that I was commenting about ownership.

The Govt had armored vehicles at that rally. A .50 BMG is kind of minimal.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Did you anticipate the people needing to defend themselves from the government with the cartridge box at this event? I think that would be jumping two steps. The governor was basically a dog showing his teeth. I don’t think the intellectually prudent choice is to bare ours back at him. But instead the answer was to show him how out numbered he is. That was accomplished just by the shear numbers who showed up.

I always prepare for the worst, and pray for the best.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I think it fell short by about 93,000 to 113,000. But hey, some people have to work for a living too!

The biggest takeaway for Virginians (and others around the country), should be that only 3 major metropolitan cities were able to give freedom and America hating democrats full majority control of their government! The threats of stricter gun control is the result of that!

It is not wonder to me why so many clear minded Americans are disillusioned with this process.

Depends on which news outlet counting,But your right,If one doesn't like who's in office then get out and vote!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• slingshot.jpg
      slingshot.jpg
      27.9 KB · Views: 69

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    No. I was practicing with my slingshot because it's kind of fun.

Sometimes it is good to humor whimsy.

The people waiting to shoot steel didn't care for your whimsy behavior.

That brings up a good point that goes along with the discussion. There is a time and place for everything. Some people just don't know when or where it is.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    The people waiting to shoot steel didn't care for your whimsy behavior.

That brings up a good point that goes along with the discussion. There is a time and place for everything. Some people just don't know when or where it is.

They should have woke up earlier, and arrived before me. Not my fault they are slackers.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I agree with you Kraut,Hell,I want to shoot that son-of-a-gun too,

Mai if the rally was in BR, I would have painted up a piece of PVC,Hung some other goodies on it to make it look like a Bazooka,

Put on my LSU thong complete with Tiger tail sticking out my arse and paraded around the capital wearing high heels and a flaming red wig !!!

Your correct about Barrett and Commie-land,I think there is another state up Nawth Barrett told them to Go toss off !!!
    Well, I’d like some pics if that ever comes to pass.

Nobody on this forum speaks for everyone on this forum, not even the majority, although I see them try.

I’m not the least bit surprised that there are some who actually care or worry what the left says or thinks. What gun owner should actually care what the left says? It’s sad that the leftist anti-gunners have already beat those folks down, but those folks just don’t care enough to go to bat for the things that truly matter. What gun owner would give up that easy? If a person cringes every time they see gun owners take a stand against something like this, they should prolly just give up now. They shouldn’t bother themselves or risk the embarrassment of being labeled a gun nut or extremist of any sort. They should just quietly bow out and slink away from all that negative attention. Hell, sell the damn guns. Pass them on to someone who’ll stand up for the right to own them. A person like that shouldn’t waste their time standing for anything when they’ve already been beat, but they should also remember that most gun owners want to hang on to the right to keep and bear arms more than that and would prefer that these limp wristed folks just get out of the way of liberty. They are no help at all to me hanging on to my liberty.

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. —George Washington

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Nobody on this forum speaks for everyone on this forum, not even the majority, although I see them try.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say there is nobody here who claims to speak for everyone.

I’m not the least bit surprised that there are some who actually care or worry what the left says or thinks. What gun owner should actually care what the left says? It’s sad that the leftist anti-gunners have already beat those folks down, but those folks just don’t care enough to go to bat for the things that truly matter. What gun owner would give up that easy? If a person cringes every time they see gun owners take a stand against something like this, they should prolly just give up now. They shouldn’t bother themselves or risk the embarrassment of being labeled a gun nut or extremist of any sort. They should just quietly bow out and slink away from all that negative attention. Hell, sell the damn guns. Pass them on to someone who’ll stand up for the right to own them. A person like that shouldn’t waste their time standing for anything when they’ve already been beat, but they should also remember that most gun owners want to hang on to the right to keep and bear arms more than that and would prefer that these limp wristed folks just get out of the way of liberty. They are no help at all to me hanging on to my liberty.

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. —George Washington

With all due respect, do you read the stuff before you post?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Okay and True !!!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

I believe what you have here is a strawman. I don’t think anyone here is unwilling to stand up for gun rights. And furthermore those I mentioned from yesterday’s rally weren’t standing for gun rights for the masses they were saying ‘hey look at me I have this.’

It’s not about what the left will say, it’s about what they can get the squishy middle to believe and what do you think most of them lead with for news stories yesterday, Hambo or some other boneheads or someone who could actually shift the conversation?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I believe what you have here is a strawman. I don’t think anyone here is unwilling to stand up for gun rights. And furthermore those I mentioned from yesterday’s rally weren’t standing for gun rights for the masses they were saying ‘hey look at me I have this.’

It’s not about what the left will say, it’s about what they can get the squishy middle to believe and what do you think most of them lead with for news stories yesterday, Hambo or some other boneheads or someone who could actually shift the conversation?

So what you're saying is that intent matters and is actually a thing? Go figure.

I'll say this: A bunch of fat nerds showing up with their fancy toys doesn't help any gun-right movement. A nerdy looking dude going out there toting a 50BMG is silly. He was there to show off his fancy (and very heavy) toy.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

I didn’t hear Ham bone’s take on any of it. Is that really what he said? I also don’t believe I should be laying out any ground rules for how people who are conducting a peaceful protest should strive to appear or behave as long as it’s peaceful, especially when I’m not in attendance. I can only speak for myself. Would I tote my .50 all day at a rally? Nope. But I’m happy that we are guaranteed the right to express ourselves and to say what’s on our minds. Whatever statement Ham bone was trying to make was made yesterday. That says more about the first amendment than the second in my opinion.

Top Bottom