AIWB with Modified Handgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Jim Cirillo with a compensated 1911 carried appendix inside the waistband.

Guns, Bullets, and Gunfights: Lessons and Tales from a Modern-Day Gunfighter; published 1996.

13055499_1090656344327658_3354293861751550703_n.jpg

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Not a peep.

I figured concealing modified pistol in the appendix position would have ruffled some feathers.

You want to talk guns on a gun forum? :mamoru:

Ok I’ll bite.

I carried appendix for a while it jabbed me at the pelvis and the rear sights ate the skin onmy stomach from time to time. I kept gaining weight and found strong side to be way more comfortable and as well concealed as my shape moved further round. And that was always with sub-compacts. Long slides and compensators would be a no go for me.

As for modifying a gun that is a defensive gun...

It’s your life, but my advice would be to know what you are doing or pay someone that you know ’knows what they are doing.’ There is nothing like having some badass setup (gun, truck, boat, etc.) that just ain’t reliable because it wasn’t done right.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You want to talk guns on a gun forum? :mamoru:

Ok I’ll bite.

I carried appendix for a while it jabbed me at the pelvis and the rear sights ate the skin onmy stomach from time to time. I kept gaining weight and found strong side to be way more comfortable and as well concealed as my shape moved further round. And that was always with sub-compacts. Long slides and compensators would be a no go for me.

As for modifying a gun that is a defensive gun...

It’s your life, but my advice would be to know what you are doing or pay someone that you know ’knows what they are doing.’ There is nothing like having some badass setup (gun, truck, boat, etc.) that just ain’t reliable because it wasn’t done right.

Sound advice. AIWB carry isn't for everyone, but it's viewed as taboo by some folks.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Sound advice. AIWB carry isn't for everyone, but it's viewed as taboo by some folks.

Oh the ‘you’re gonna shoot your rooster off’ argument. :rofl:

Personally I can’t think of a good place for a bullet hole. That’s why I practice safe habits and use a quality holster.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I wouldn't consider a comp on a 1911 to be a modification that would effect the method of carry.

It's not like the comp effects the FCG on the pistol, or makes it inherently less safe.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I wouldn't consider a comp on a 1911 to be a modification that would effect the method of carry.

It's not like the comp effects the FCG on the pistol, or makes it inherently less safe.

Many believe that any modifications, regardless of carry position, are taboo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom