SOLD: Vintage recurve collection

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Verbal Kint

I dunno
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Fell into these a while back, and, while they are neat to look at, I've never been much into archery. So up for sale they go...

20200120_154928.jpg

20200120_154947.jpg

Three vintage Bear recurve bows: two Tigercats and one Little Bear, plus a Browing Wasp. See pics for AMO, lb. details.

Have some arrow shafts, a square Yellow Jacket target and a couple of broadheads that come with them. Want to sell as a collection, not by individual bow. Price is $200/OBO for all four bows. Local pic up only. Hammond, Baton Rouge or anywhere in between.PM me if interested. Thanks.

Last edited:

Verbal Kint

I dunno
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Monday bump.

Offers happily considered. Intead of having these sitting ignored in a closet, I would much prefer to see them go to someone who appreciates them.

Verbal Kint

I dunno
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Friday afternoon bump.

One last try with (another) price adjustment... These come with an unused yellowyacket target and a few arrows, a few aluminum arrow shafts plus whatever else I can find (think I have a few broadheads and spool for bowfishing that came withe the Wasp). Also have a new string for the Wasp (may also fit the shorter Tigercat). Sorry, no bowstrings for the others.

Also have an old 30lb No. 3350 Ben Pearson Super-Jet bow that I can throw in. It has a bit of a crack/split showing on one side near the center of the bow, so I am leary of shooting it, but if anyone buys the other bows I'll throw it in too if you want it.

Verbal Kint

I dunno
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Are these in shooting condition or just for decoration

All should be shooters (with the exception of the Pearson-I don't know if I would chance that one). The zebrawood Tigercat (the black one) looks to be in nearly new condition, I've shot the Wasp.The shorter Tigercat was being used regularly by the previous owner. The little bear looks to be a shooter as well (I can see no issues with it other than maybe a liitle fading of the color on the limbs). However, I don't really know if those who are into vintage bows recommend shooting them or see them as collector pieces (I think the Bears are all either 60s or early 70s vintage).

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom