Thanks for the youth Home School gun saftey class today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Just wanted to give a shot out to FRC range, they hosted a homeschool 2HR course for our youth on safe gun handling and safety, shooting live simulation rounds, tour of the facility, and beginner gun safety pledges...

Well when my wife told me she signed me up for a field trip I was excited but also very tired.. Coming off of a long 4 day trip to close the coastal duck hunting zone in Venice,LA and going right into working nights I wasn't expecting to much to get up and head to BR for 10am and go back to work tonight. But I must say, FRC went above and beyond and even had the DA come out with a couple boys in blue to demonstrate what a live round could do to a water melon in a bullet proof trailer... very cool!!!! They really dumbed it down for the kids there, and made it very interactive with questions, situations, bluegun training with muzzle discipline, finding guns in your owns house and friends houses ect. They even gave out gun locks to anybody and no limit... take what you want.. The 2 instructors some how even remembered all 20 kids or so names without name tags or papers, and called on them by name for questions and orders... Really shows there commitment to there slogan, your only a stranger the first time you come!! John and Chic really made it fun for my 8yr and 11yr old... A++++

In short it is a state of the art range and the atmosphere was very welcoming. I have been to other ranges in the br area, not only me but friends that have went there on other occasions are treated almost like criminals going in.. Deff didn't get that vibe here. It was almost like going to a family members house.. Just walking around they got something for everyone there. I strongly suggest if you in the neighbor hood to stop in and give them a look around, you wont regret it.

Only thing I might suggest is, the home school safety course was fantastic. I understand public schools its deff out of the question, and feel like others could greatly benefit from this . But maybe a "YOUTH BAYOU SHOOTER SAFTEY COURSE DAY" for my fellow members that go to public school, maybe on the weekend, Just an idea..... Anyway thanks again for the great training and passion you have for gun safety and our younger generation ..

Attachments

• f.jpg
      f.jpg
      36.6 KB · Views: 157
    • f9.png
      f9.png
      87.5 KB · Views: 145
    Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    That sure was a great thing for them do.
    Looking at the picture reminds me of the one i went to in boy scouts.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    yea, I like to think my kids are in a real good understanding with gun saftey…. They are around them all the time and constantly being tested and taught and hunting, But being a homeschooler its nice to have a diff authority figure teach them because theres always something im gonna miss and it helps teach them that im not just trying to teach them daddys way, that there is a standard method that is to be taught...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Love it!

John is a great guy who only hires the best. I've never heard of anyone having a bad experience there!

snipehunter7

Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    We had our homeschool class at FRC today and it was excellent! Instructors were great about explaining everything from the shoot house to safety. There was a huge emphasis on safety from everyone.

Each kid got 5 shots. Proud of both my girls...my youngest nailed all 5 in the red.

The exploding melon was cool, but especially when you watch the video in slo-mo.

60fdac662de1dd188a41e399cb34c1f8.jpg

a4528ab4541ec340c4234ed2d0959dd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    yes it was... they did a great job explaining gun safety and making it fun for my 3 boys!!!! Not that I don't drill it into them but its nice to have other inputs with like minds

- - - Updated - - -

good shooting there!!!!!
    We had our homeschool class at FRC today and it was excellent! Instructors were great about explaining everything from the shoot house to safety. There was a huge emphasis on safety from everyone.

Each kid got 5 shots. Proud of both my girls...my youngest nailed all 5 in the red.

The exploding melon was cool, but especially when you watch the video in slo-mo.

60fdac662de1dd188a41e399cb34c1f8.jpg

a4528ab4541ec340c4234ed2d0959dd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom