Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

On Target

User Info Menu

Bravo Concealment Holsters Any Experience with Them?

Im in the market for anOWB holster for my G19 gen 4. I noticed Bravo has a buy one get one free deal with the BCA holster. Anyone have experience with them? I currently carry AIWB tier one holster. Its comfortable for the most part but I think I will try carrying around 4 oclock. Like the idea of carrying OWB in the cold months and back to IWB for the summer months. Anyone have suggestions or feedback?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Bravo Concealment Holsters Any Experience with Them?

The bravo holster I had was not comfortable. It had too many sharp
    Edges.

Other than a silk custom kydex holster, I will recommend a raven concealment Perun holster. Its hands down the most comfortable and concealable holster Ive worn outside of a custom holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

User Info Menu

I have an OWB Bravo Concealment. It has held up well and is fairly inexpensive.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I use SCK Silk Custom Kydex in Walker. Jasari on this forum.
    I do not wear anything behind my back. You are at a disadvantage with your arm position when drawing.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

For OWB, the RCS Perun is tough to beat.

If you are already carrying AIWB, you will find 4 o'clock carry to be less than ideal.

As far as Bravo Concealment goes, they have ripped off dozens of manufacturers with their stolen designs, the owner is a scumbag, and I wouldn't give them a dime.

On Target

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I bit on the two-for one deal a while back. It's not a "deal" - that's the price they've had for at least 9 months.

Here's my experience: the form and fitment is actually not bad for thin, mass-produced value kydex. That said...

The IWB design is hot garbage, don't go near it. The way it's designed you really have no options other than 0 cant and an extremely high ride height. I returned that one.

The OWB isn't bad at all for the price. It's about what you'd expect for a $35 holster. The finish is a crass like MOTOR51 said but about 20-30 minutes of some TLC with a buffing attachment on your dremel and you can get it pretty nice, just smooth out all the edges and maybe do some detailing work around the trigger guard so you don't chew your middle finger up during draw. For experimentation purposes it'll work totally fine but dollars to donuts you'd be wanting to upgrade within a month or two. I did... I've got an SCK now and the difference is noteworthy.

Since you've got one of the most common handguns in the country my hunch is you might have pretty good luck asking around on the classifieds here (or even eBay) to see what you can get second hand for around $40. I'd be willing to bet there are dozens of decent G19 holsters in the "boxes-o-holsters" in the backs of closets around town. If you want something brand new, it could be worth sniffing around in that $70-75 neighborhood (SCK, Raven, Vedder, JMCK, etc)

Also (in my best Canadian accent, eh?) there are no "cold" months here LOL
    Last edited by southerncanuck; August 1st, 2020 at 12:12 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

They're fine for the money, not the highest quality but they're packages and deals offer good value for the money. I'd buy over alien gear any day

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

agreed i have a RCS Perun for my glock 34 w/surefire x300 and one for a glock 19 when i want somthing that holds tight to me when running traps in the woods or hunting.. dont get much better then that for an owb