Nikon not making riflescopes?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Comparing a Vortex Crossfire II and a Nikon Buckmaster or P-Series, glass is significantly better on the Nikons.

Nikon probably did decent sales in the $100-$200 range, but not anywhere else. They sort of adapted and re-imaged the brand too late-tactical, exposed turrets style.

M-Series and Black (not that the scopes were terrible) were a major flop

The Crossfire II line is the cheapest available from Vortex, but you’re completely ignoring the Diamondback line.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    One thing to keep in mind is they offered a lot of ‘value added’ items to there scopes BDC calculator on their website, no fault warranty. I don’t know the ends and out of there company but I would wager something isn’t adding up to proper margins to keep the shareholders happy. It will be a loss to the shooting community.

Your argument that they fell prey to the wacko leftists isn’t entirely improbable either. I’ve heard of no attempts to scale back their offerings to streamline their lineup and boy do they have a selection. If profits are a concern that is usually a company’s first plan of attack.
    Well, what I gleaned from the article, that was a collection of statements from a few people associated, they were worried about the scope line and advertisements for the line potentially hurting sales of their other products due to consumer backlash or whatever, the euro view on guns, as they said..
    It’s not my argument anyway, but I notice some quoted posts about their profits, which I won’t bother to argue either unless someone can show some public info on how poor the take from their scope line has been, I’m gonna go with they are likely one of the very top sellers. And I saw a quoted remark about a manufacturer selling high end optics and making more of a profit although their sales are only a small percentage of the market..SMH, not really how sales works.... does that mean they’re just charging crazy bank and don’t spend any more per scope than Nikon? I guess that could work, but nah.

I also agree with your findings regarding the performance of Nikon scopes. I have a few Nikon P and M series that I prefer over the Vortex scopes in the same price ranges. I’ve tried both and they’re both great. I just feel like Nikon is of better quality.
    2f7bd28421205771a76542ae2103c884.jpg
    602cc0ade1a8500087b5db7c113b1ac6.jpg
    28bb83f04aba9ed215cbd3a9d7e2074b.jpg

Last edited:

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    I’m not buying anything for Nikon anymore. Had an issue with a range finder that they won’t stand behind. I’ve sent several Vortex products back and was repaired and returned with no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well, what I gleaned from the article, that was a collection of statements from a few people associated, they were worried about the scope line and advertisements for the line potentially hurting sales of their other products due to consumer backlash or whatever, the euro view on guns, as they said..
    It’s not my argument anyway, but I notice some quoted posts about their profits, which I won’t bother to argue either unless someone can show some public info on how poor the take from their scope line has been, I’m gonna go with they are likely one of the very top sellers. And I saw a quoted remark about a manufacturer selling high end optics and making more of a profit although their sales are only a small percentage of the market..SMH, not really how sales works.... does that mean they’re just charging crazy bank and don’t spend any more per scope than Nikon? I guess that could work, but nah.

2f7bd28421205771a76542ae2103c884.jpg
    602cc0ade1a8500087b5db7c113b1ac6.jpg
    28bb83f04aba9ed215cbd3a9d7e2074b.jpg

Like I said,Try to get one fixed,It will serve you better as a weight on the end of a trout line.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Like I said,Try to get one fixed,It will serve you better as a weight on the end of a trout line.

If their rifle scope repair is as bad as their DSLR warranty work, I can imagine the fun you went through.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    What was wrong with them?
    The Viper I had would blur past 12x and there was nothing I could do to bring the sight picture into focus from 16-24x which made me sick. Right out of the box. Thank goodness they are so cool when you call. The guy said they’d had problems with that line and that he would send a shipping label and swap me out for another. The other was a Sparc that had a mind of its own. On and off only when it decided. They sent it back and told me it was the battery. Said if the battery is weak the optic will do weird stuff. I thought I must be stupid so I accepted their explanation and remounted the optic, checked zero and thought I was done. Took it out to shoot a couple weeks later and same story. Went to Radio shack and bought their last battery in that model, same story. Called again, got a different person, got a new optic and no problems to date.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom