PSA PS9 Dagger $299

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    PSA is coming out with some interesting guns. I kind of like the idea of the "not a glock" and look forward to trying one out. I wish it came with real Glock mags and not the magpul, I also wish they would update their cartoonish logo, but really a logo doesn't mean **** if the gun performs.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Or for $90 more you can get a PSA and a weapons light.

There are not many weaponlights worth using that are in the $90 or less range.

I don't believe people are putting faith in the thing. I think people are simply not dismissing it before it hits the market. That's not the same thing.

I think a lot of people are putting faith in a product that they don't have in their hands. You can disagree if you want. That's the joy of personal freedom.

If I were to plan to get one of these, I think I'd wait for the 2nd generation.

Why are you dismissing the first generation?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There are not many weaponlights worth using that are in the $90 or less range.

I think a lot of people are putting faith in a product that they don't have in their hands. You can disagree if you want. That's the joy of personal freedom.

Why are you dismissing the first generation?

So add $15-25 for a TLR-1 HL. You'd still be saving $90 with a PSA + WML compared to a Glock + WML. $90 buys a good bit of ammo.

Thanks for giving me permission. I do disagree. People are looking forward to seeing it in the wild.

I'm not dissing the first generation before it comes out. I'm allowing for a company to need to work some things out with a product in an area they've never ventured into before. A company can test their products all they want in house and still not find issues until they undergo large scale testing. If there are issues, those issues are addressed in gen 2. It's that reasoning that kept me from getting a gen 1 apple watch. I eventually got one but it wasn't until gen 3. I didn't wait because I thought Apple was a crappy company. I waited because they had never released a watch before so there was a chance gen 1 would have unforeseen issues.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So add $15-25 for a TLR-1 HL. You'd still be saving $90 with a PSA + WML compared to a Glock + WML. $90 buys a good bit of ammo.

Thanks for giving me permission. I do disagree. People are looking forward to seeing it in the wild.

I'm not dissing the first generation before it comes out. I'm allowing for a company to need to work some things out with a product in an area they've never ventured into before. A company can test their products all they want in house and still not find issues until they undergo large scale testing. If there are issues, those issues are addressed in gen 2. It's that reasoning that kept me from getting a gen 1 apple watch. I eventually got one but it wasn't until gen 3. I didn't wait because I thought Apple was a crappy company. I waited because they had never released a watch before so there was a chance gen 1 would have unforeseen issues.

So you do have concern that the first generation will have issues, but you are not dismissing it?

I'm not dismissing this pistol because PSA is making it. I'm dismissing the idea that this will outperform the original that it copies at the price point. PSA isn't the first to try to build a Gen 3 "Glock Killer."

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    I’ll buy a Gen 1 and do all the testing for you guys, lol. Hell, I may not even need it for test fitting holsters as the current G19 holsters “may” work for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    So I am to dismiss this light since it is $90 bucks?
    https://www.amazon.com/OLIGHT-Valky...ywords=olight+pl-2+mini&qid=1580067861&sr=8-4
    And add it to the PSA 300 buck gun?
    And I have no dog in this fight but it is well known that 1st Gens of anything is known to have quirks or even not have improvements soon after.
    Anything. Cars-Trucks-Guns-Even Cookware
    I bought a Brand New Dodge Truck But needed one bad for work to hall heavy loads. bought a 3/4 ton Diesel new body style that year and new motor. It was a great truck and did its job. If I could have waited I would have gotten the next years since but they learned things. So the year after they made improvements.
    I was a Guinea Pig to a point.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I’ll buy a Gen 1 and do all the testing for you guys, lol. Hell, I may not even need it for test fitting holsters as the current G19 holsters *may* work for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it’s better than the other options in the $300 price range, it will be something. I’ll honestly be surprised if the issues are anything other than QC slips on PSA’s part, assuming there will be issues at all.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So you do have concern that the first generation will have issues, but you are not dismissing it?

I'm not dismissing this pistol because PSA is making it. I'm dismissing the idea that this will outperform the original that it copies at the price point. PSA isn't the first to try to build a Gen 3 "Glock Killer."

Correct, I'm not dismissing it. I'm keeping an open mind. They may have worked out any issues or they may have some that won't be seen until the mass testing process starts. I have the ability to wait and judge the gun on its performance rather than making any judgements now based on the company or the price point.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Correct, I'm not dismissing it. I'm keeping an open mind. They may have worked out any issues or that may have some that won't be seen until the mass testing process. I have the ability to wait and judge the gun on its performance rather than making any judgements now based on the company or the price point.

The word is skepticism.

PSA doesn’t have the best track record. Glock clones don’t have the best track record either.

I hope it gives people a decent option at the price point. I also hope the RDS ready model gives people an option to try pistol RDS at a lesser cost. I do not believe this is a replacement for other things.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I would still rather have the real thing. I drank some HK kool aid (Vp9sk LE) two of them. After 860 rounds not a single hiccup. But when I walk out the door I still have a 19 on my side. I do think it’s great to have choices for people who may b on a budget or just try something new. But as far as a Glock Buster it’s been tried time and time again. I hope the sell millions, that means more and more people are shooting and that’s a great thing.

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The price point is great, but only if its reliable. I'd give it a while and check reviews before buying but it's on my list. So is the PSA Jakl :). Its going to be an interesting year for PSA one way or another.

Top Bottom