Looking for a Beater Daily...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    So I have finally realized that I need a second car in my stable... My old 02' 4x4 Danger Ranger is awesome and all but at 180k miles it can come down with a serious affliction at any time... So to take the miles off of it and have a fall back in case of repairs needed I am hunting the used market for something cheap to toss around in. Looking for fuel efficiency first under 150k miles and as cheap as possible... You guys have any models to avoid? Or those to flock towards... The reason I am not picking up a note is that I am rebuilding my credit so interest rates would be crazy... and also I really do not like any of the new cars/trucks... I am holding off for affordable electric in 5-7 years... Just brainstorming here guys....

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    2004-2006 honda accords can be had for under 6k. The 2.4 liter 4 cyl is reliable and efficient. It's a good size if you need to haul people with you, and the paint was known to have issues with oxidation, so you can get a steal on something cosmetically ugly but mechanically sound.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    So I have finally realized that I need a second car in my stable... My old 02' 4x4 Danger Ranger is awesome and all but at 180k miles it can come down with a serious affliction at any time... So to take the miles off of it and have a fall back in case of repairs needed I am hunting the used market for something cheap to toss around in. Looking for fuel efficiency first under 150k miles and as cheap as possible... You guys have any models to avoid? Or those to flock towards... The reason I am not picking up a note is that I am rebuilding my credit so interest rates would be crazy... and also I really do not like any of the new cars/trucks... I am holding off for affordable electric in 5-7 years... Just brainstorming here guys....

Sounds like you need an overhaul on the danger ranger.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Sounds like you need an overhaul on the danger ranger.
    Already planning it.. But i need a fall back while it's undergoing this.... I'll probably do it all myself so it is going to be a process... I'll need a second car while I do that... Love by Danger Ranger (except the squeaking bushings lol)

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    And cheap. You can buy a brand new bike for the cost of a used car.
    I have "Das Ficker" but hard to do a range triip... KIMG1518.jpg

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Already planning it.. But i need a fall back while it's undergoing this.... I'll probably do it all myself so it is going to be a process... I'll need a second car while I do that... Love by Danger Ranger (except the squeaking bushings lol)

So, Not knowing off hand,What does a rental run per month?

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    Wife's 08 Honda pilot has been crazy reliable even at 155k and regularly gets 25mpg not even trying.
    Would recommend used models if an SUV is a consideration.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My wifes 2008 Civic has been a,great car. Brakes Tires and Oil Changes.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Nice. Now how exactly did you come by that name?
    By the fact I'm constantly having to fix it replace something... So constantly cussing at it... It's a German bike so only natural it gets cussed at in a language it can understand.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    according to my geico agent honda crv is one of the cheapest cars to insure in Louisiana for some reason. went thru this process looking for a first car beater for my daughter, insurance was more of a concern than fuel efficiency. now is a bad time to buy used as its the tax return price hop for used car dealers.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    according to my geico agent honda crv is one of the cheapest cars to insure in Louisiana for some reason. went thru this process looking for a first car beater for my daughter, insurance was more of a concern than fuel efficiency. now is a bad time to buy used as its the tax return price hop for used car dealers.

My danger ranger is one of the most expensive to issue... It is crazy!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom