SHOT 2020 - Aero Precision 9mm PCC

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Receiver sets will be $249.99 for the upper and lower OR $149.99 just for the lower.

Uses Glock mags, has last round bolt hold open, and includes the mag/bolt release.

83259389_10156911401755963_2003108051762020352_n.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I thought some considered Aero a budget brand.

My thoughts as well. Ironically, Aero makes good quality receivers. They are not the best, but they are what many consider the base line.

The only thing that Aero makes that I despise is their handguards that utilize the BAR barrel nut.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My thoughts as well. Ironically, Aero makes good quality receivers. They are not the best, but they are what many consider the base line.

The only thing that Aero makes that I despise is their handguards that utilize the BAR barrel nut.

When I said some, I really meant you. I was surprised you posted about their new stuff. Unless it's changed, Aero also makes the Ballistic Advantage uppers and lowers as well, which would only make sense. But, according to BA, Aero and BA source their BCG's from separate locations.

I built a 300 BO pistol with almost all Aero parts. I like their Enhanced handguards because the base of the muzzle device was right inside the end of the handguard and the handguard's diameter will allow for the can. I like the integrally suppressed look as opposed to the handguard to barrel to can look. But I got the enhanced upper with the "built in" BAR barrel nut. I did, however, upgrade a 9mm build to the Enhanced handguard with the actual BAR barrel nut. I'm not a fan either. Any future builds I want to use the Enhanced handguard with will also use the enhanced upper.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    When I said some, I really meant you. I was surprised you posted about their new stuff. Unless it's changed, Aero also makes the Ballistic Advantage uppers and lowers as well, which would only make sense. But, according to BA, Aero and BA source their BCG's from separate locations.

I built a 300 BO pistol with almost all Aero parts. I like their Enhanced handguards because the base of the muzzle device was right inside the end of the handguard and the handguard's diameter will allow for the can. I like the integrally suppressed look as opposed to the handguard to barrel to can look. But I got the enhanced upper with the "built in" BAR barrel nut. I did, however, upgrade a 9mm build to the Enhanced handguard with the actual BAR barrel nut. I'm not a fan either. Any future builds I want to use the Enhanced handguard with will also use the enhanced upper.

Assumptions usually don't end well. I have no issues with something that is good value. I'm cautiously optimistic about these receiver sets. Aero makes good receiver sets, but some of the parts they outsource are lesser quality. I've put together multiple rifles and pistols with Aero Precision receivers and have installed a few of their handguards. I don't bother with anything else they sell, because those are the parts they outsource.

Yes, Aero produces the receivers for Ballistic Advantage and BA produces the barrels for Aero. They are owned by the same people, along with VG6 Precision.

Fun fact, SOLGW barrels are also produced by Ballistic Advantage, but you shouldn't compare BA and SOLGW barrels, because they are entirely different levels of quality. That being said, I do own multiple BA barrels and have had good luck with them. I've installed many and they all seem to have the same quality issues, albeit minor.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom