New Bronco

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I’m gonna go ahead and point out I’ve put this in ‘OFF TOPIC’ so no pissin and moaning about it being off topic.:zombie:

Has anyone heard/seen all the scuttle-butt surrounding the new Bronco. It’s getting one of the ecoboost’s offerings and it looks like it’s going to compete with the Wrangler.

images

Here’s the prototype they have been toying with at Baja

images

Ive always been a fan of the EB’s (Early Bronco) and I’m definitely an ecoboost fan. If they offer anything close I’m not sure how I will resist. The prototype is running the production motor and transmission and chassis. They wanted to prove it could take some serious abuse.

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    They are doing everything they can to make a damn FJ Cruiser out of it. I don’t think it could be worse than Chevys release of the Blazer though.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    . I don’t think it could be worse than Chevys release of the Blazer though.

I saw one of those last week. What a joke. I thought it was an equinox or one of the various badge engineered gm turd box suvs...

Not sure how I feel about the new bronco. Will have to see more tech specs.

Apparently ford will be making a bronco sport. No, not a sport model of the bronco but another smaller model on a different platform. So they are taking after Nissan with the rogue sport and Mitsubishi with the Outlander sport. Both have nothing to do with the larger model, save for the name. Brand inside of a brand, must be one of those romper wearing college grads who sold them on that.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I saw one of those last week. What a joke. I thought it was an equinox or one of the various badge engineered gm turd box suvs...

Apparently ford will be making a bronco sport. No, not a sport model of the bronco but another smaller model on a different platform. So they are taking after Nissan with the rogue sport and Mitsubishi with the Outlander sport. Both have nothing to do with the larger model, save for the name. Brand inside of a brand, must be one of those romper wearing college grads who sold them on that.

Ford already does it with the Mustang Mach-E.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

:bowrofl:

Ford already does it with the Mustang Mach-E.

Interesting observations. I had considered that I heard they would be making a maverick/baby bronco/abomination.

Hey I take my wins where I find them all the scuttle butt says the Bronco will be set up with off-road capabilities in mind. It sounds like Ford’s plan is to compete with the Wrangler but time will tell.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Less power and square tires will put the new bronco on par with any wrangler that I have ever driven...

I understand that wranglers are not meant be be fast but they could have done something to improve the ride.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Less power and square tires will put the new bronco on par with any wrangler that I have ever driven...

I understand that wranglers are not meant be be fast but they could have done something to improve the ride.

I have a 2013 JK and I don't think the ride is too bad. But I don't have a big lift on it. I replaced the shocks and springs with Rubicon takeoffs and squeezed some 33's on there.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Have family that works for Ford and he loves the new Bronco (his job exposes him to prototypes all the time) but he does despise just about everything else being put out.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I guess the smaller one will be built on the Ranger frame. So 7/8ths the size and 120% the price?

I like the idea of a new bronco in theory. We'll see how it pans out. Give it a year or two...

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I’ve never rode in a JK. But rode in a few other Wranglers and CJ’s and the wheel base was always a contributing factor. But the TJ’s once lifted past a couple inches always got squirrelly unless linked or linked and stretched.

I’ve always preferred to see them almost stock on the suspension or ground up built for the trails. The middle ground was always funky and often sketchy.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I guess the smaller one will be built on the Ranger frame. So 7/8ths the size and 120% the price?

I like the idea of a new bronco in theory. We'll see how it pans out. Give it a year or two...

The bigger one will use a similar frame as the ranger the smaller will be a unibody crossover similar to the escape.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The bigger one will use a similar frame as the ranger the smaller will be a unibody crossover similar to the escape.

Ok, so the real bronco will be a body on frame. Better than if they put it on the explorer platform and tried to claim it was "trail rated" like a jeep compass, which coincidentally sounds like exactly what the smaller bronco sport will be, another baby unibody jeep knockoff.

Anyone heard if this will be an aluminum body vehicle like the expedition or f150? I have an 18 expedition with the EcoBoost 3.5 and it is a definite step up in the body fit and finish dept thanks to the aluminum body. Plus it saves a good amount of weight up top. It still has a beefy steel frame, fully boxed.

If they put the 375hp eco 3.5 in the bronco it will be quite a hoot. Hopefully it does better than the 2.3 eco in the ranger. Last thing we need is a repeat of the bronco 2 with that crap v6. Or they could toss in the gen 3 5.0 coyote. 460 hp would be fun off road.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Ok, so the real bronco will be a body on frame. Better than if they put it on the explorer platform and tried to claim it was "trail rated" like a jeep compass, which coincidentally sounds like exactly what the smaller bronco sport will be, another baby unibody jeep knockoff.

Anyone heard if this will be an aluminum body vehicle like the expedition or f150? I have an 18 expedition with the EcoBoost 3.5 and it is a definite step up in the body fit and finish dept thanks to the aluminum body. Plus it saves a good amount of weight up top. It still has a beefy steel frame, fully boxed.

If they put the 375hp eco 3.5 in the bronco it will be quite a hoot. Hopefully it does better than the 2.3 eco in the ranger. Last thing we need is a repeat of the bronco 2 with that crap v6. Or they could toss in the gen 3 5.0 coyote. 460 hp would be fun off road.

The Bronco R prototype from the first post has an eco in it. That motor will be the production a motor, but speculation is it’s the smaller 2.7. I’m holding out hope they will trim one out with the 3.5. I have a ‘13 F150 with the 3.5 and is no doubt a lot of fun, but the upgraded architecture on the gen II’s make me want an upgrade. And the raptor, platinum and navi 3.5 make mine look like a good rough draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom