Bushmaster & DPMS will close for good.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I heard they will no longer be offering ARs to civilians, but will still be producing rifles for military and law enforcement contracts.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I heard they will no longer be offering ARs to civilians, but will still be producing rifles for military and law enforcement contracts.

Who knows. This was posted by a member of an armorer/gunsmith group I'm in.

During a recent conversation with our weapons vendor (I’m LE) he flat out said DPMS and Bushmaster are done and everything will be released under the Remington name when it comes to AR’s. They are distributors for all three so I’d say he’s got good info.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    There is a thread on arfcom GD from a former DPMS employee claiming they are both done. I didn't read it, just saw it in passing.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Well when your number one sales person (King Berry the merciful) looses his job and the rising star sales person’s (Ms. It takes a village to keep me alive) career is derailed by the Trump Train (too easy?), then you’re revenue is going to take a hit.

These two brands in great majority are sold to first time buyers scared they won’t be able to buy one later. And that fear has been greatly diminished with Trump. Although I would argue to some degree unfounded, but let’s be realistic the fear was to some degree unfounded as well.

I will point out these are theories based in my understanding (albeit small) of people and politics. I haven’t kept track of their sales, but I have been visiting gun counters semi-regular in all kinds of establishments for years and the urgency that once existed (good bad or ugly) is gone.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Read they are closing everything with the exceptions of Remington and Marlin hunting products.

Bushmaster, DPMS, Tasco and Stormlake Barrels will not be made anymore with the exception of the Bushmaster BA50.

I will find the link and post it.

Edit: Here is the link. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/i...pms-bushamster-and-tapco-sites-are-shuttered/

Yep, so everyone touting that their Bushmaster is God's gift to man better believe it, because they won't have manufacturer support any longer.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Yep, so everyone touting that their Bushmaster is God's gift to man better believe it, because they won't have manufacturer support any longer.

But lets be honest Bushmaster hasn’t really been bushmaster since Remington bought it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    New Orleans, LA
    My first AR is a Bushmaster xm-15 qrc that I paid way too much at the gun show. I was very naive at the time. I think it shoots well for being what it's worth, however. Heavy AF though.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    My first AR is a Bushmaster xm-15 qrc that I paid way too much at the gun show. I was very naive at the time. I think it shoots well for being what it's worth, however. Heavy AF though.

Depending on the era of the build it could be a decent gun. At one point they were one of a handful of companies building AR's.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Bushmaster & DPMS will close for good.

Depending on the era of the build it could be a decent gun. At one point they were one of a handful of companies building AR's.

I have an older issues one for a patrol rifle. It has been very accurate and never missed a beat.
    This is a 50 yard group with a Romeo 5 red dot.

816030992a907b61d53e1bab2404a6e0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I have an older issues one for a patrol rifle. It has been very accurate and never missed a beat.
    This is a 50 yard group with a Romeo 5 red dot.

816030992a907b61d53e1bab2404a6e0.png

I am exceptionally happy that some leo actually practice shooting beyond certifying.
    Keep it up, the public depends on you.
    :)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Now y’all have me curious. Is there anyway to tell a year of manufacture?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom