Anyone here knows about Nickel-plating.i have A S&W that needs some love

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I've accuried a S&W model 19-5 and it's nickel-plated. I have no experience with nickel-plateing so I'm wondering does this need to be re-plated or is there a product out there that can make it look pretty again ?

Or if anyone knows a Professional in Louisiana that I can send it to so they can make it pretty again?
    These are some pictures I took after applying a couple of coats of Renaissance wax.the Ren wax didn't do much,it cleaned it up a bit but not much at all to be honest .

e2c8ff02fa3524213a184d43cb6adf02.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    There is a place somewhere around Hammond....can’t remember where....but, google them and give them a call to see if they can help you out....Electroless Nickel Plating.

Not sure if they will do gun parts or not...but, we send a lot of other parts there for nickel plating....and re-nickel plating.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I called up Smith and Wesson because on there website it said that they refinish revolvers(nickle,stainless,blueing) but the customer service rep said they stopped refinishing nickle plated revolvers and he recommended to keep it as is if it's not too bad(which to me the finish doesn't look bad,maybe it just needs some polishing work,something I don't know how to do)..
    He said the metal can get damaged if I wanted to get it blued because they would have to strip the Nickel-plating and the Copper that's under the nickel.which is why they said they stopped refinishing nickle plated revolvers .

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    There is a place somewhere around Hammond....can’t remember where....but, google them and give them a call to see if they can help you out....Electroless Nickel Plating.

Not sure if they will do gun parts or not...but, we send a lot of other parts there for nickel plating....and re-nickel plating.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk
    Ok cool I'll give them a call and see what they say

Top Bottom