State of the union

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Pelosi looks like she’s doing office paper work in the background. Can’t sit still and watch Trump. I get it that she hates him. But geez. I’m sure they’ll be talking about it later.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Oh boy that was fun. Crazy aunt Clara tore up his agenda at the end of the speech. Rush Limbaugh was awarded the presidential medal of freedom.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Good speech even stating support for the 2A
    Best part was watching the Democraps squirm, I say they all should have treason charges

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ha! Yeah, Peloser shuffling those same 3 pages for an hour, over half the house showing America how truly unAmerican they are, and there was this 3 seconds of wandering camera where we see about a dozen Immigrant Democrats. They came here from sucky countries and they have this sad look of disgust on their faces while they strive to ruin the greatest country in the world. They obviously don’t want things to be great here. They’re the ones stealing our freedom. I hope someone puts them in check.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    7tbb2yyjwserwd5zaahy.jpeg

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I can’t completely put my political biases aside, but last night and today I can’t help but wonder how are we perceived as Americans by those who are void of political ideology.

I have no problem admitting Trump has been good for our countries people from the perspective of improved quality of life. I don’t think it’s as much as he believes, but it is massively greater than the left wing ideologues would have you believe.

I have mixed reviews on our republic as a structure of governance. Of course he would grade himself with an A+ and the leftist would give him an F. I have to give him a D. Honestly if he wouldn’t have screwed us with the bump-stock EO he would have scored much higher. Still likely not the A+ he would claim but better than most presidents in my lifetime.

I guess my point in all my rambling is on the world stage we are so polarized, that if you are to believe one side over the other you would have to recognize one side is delusional. I’m not so foolish to believe that this is *the worst it’s ever been* but I have to wonder what someone from another country with no real political ideology thinks when they see us behave in this manner.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I can’t completely put my political biases aside, but last night and today I can’t help but wonder how are we perceived as Americans by those who are void of political ideology.

I have no problem admitting Trump has been good for our countries people from the perspective of improved quality of life. I don’t think it’s as much as he believes, but it is massively greater than the left wing ideologues would have you believe.

I have mixed reviews on our republic as a structure of governance. Of course he would grade himself with an A+ and the leftist would give him an F. I have to give him a D. Honestly if he wouldn’t have screwed us with the bump-stock EO he would have scored much higher. Still likely not the A+ he would claim but better than most presidents in my lifetime.

I guess my point in all my rambling is on the world stage we are so polarized, that if you are to believe one side over the other you would have to recognize one side is delusional. I’m not so foolish to believe that this is *the worst it’s ever been* but I have to wonder what someone from another country with no real political ideology thinks when they see us behave in this manner.

Some other countries are far worse! There are plenty of videos of foreign country's governing bodies actually trying to kill each other in session.

As for our mess, it is clearly obvious that democrats are not just playing politics, they are insane. It is also clearly obvious they would rather the country tank at the feet of Trump, than to see it prosper to the benefit of all Americans.

Last night showed millions of Americans just how much disdain the democrats have for the middle and working classes, as well as the underachieving class. If as a democrat Congressman, you can't appreciate some of the achievements that Trump has accomplished in his 3 tumultuous years, you are unfit to serve ANY constituency.

I wish I could say they will pay for this at the ballot box, but they won't. Their districts are just as hateful as they are.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Some other countries are far worse! There are plenty of videos of foreign country's governing bodies actually trying to kill each other in session.

As for our mess, it is clearly obvious that democrats are not just playing politics, they are insane. It is also clearly obvious they would rather the country tank at the feet of Trump, than to see it prosper to the benefit of all Americans.

Last night showed millions of Americans just how much disdain the democrats have for the middle and working classes, as well as the underachieving class. If as a democrat Congressman, you can't appreciate some of the achievements that Trump has accomplished in his 3 tumultuous years, you are unfit to serve ANY constituency.

I wish I could say they will pay for this at the ballot box, but they won't. Their districts are just as hateful as they are.

Are you sure millions of Americans saw the same thing you and I did clearly you concede these dip$hits won’t pay for it at the ballot box. If that’s the case it’s probably because through their prism of the world they saw an ego maniacal racist, bigot, right winger. They clearly don’t understand political science because Trump is a Blue Dog Democrat. On a slightly less contemporary political scale.

My prior commentary wasn’t to denigrate our great nation but to pose the idea of ‘what would a complete outsider think’, if they had no prior political leanings and were tuning in to the State of the Union and following commentary. Our divisions are extraordinary on seemingly every political issue, and both sides project ulterior motivates to the other.

I dare not acknowledged the idea of how we got here. But with such great difference if I were an outsider looking in I would wonder how on earth could they ever move forward on any issues.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The chamber was torn in half.

I would say it’s worse than that. There are feuding factions among the half’s.

The most stunning and telling thing Trump said in his speech last night was when he said that the only victories in Washington that count are for the American people. No truer words has he ever spoken. The Washington animals have forgotten that.

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I dig Uncle Ted's solution as well.

Attachments

• sotu.jpg
      sotu.jpg
      77.4 KB · Views: 22