State of the union

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I can’t completely put my political biases aside, but last night and today I can’t help but wonder how are we perceived as Americans by those who are void of political ideology.

I have no problem admitting Trump has been good for our countries people from the perspective of improved quality of life. I don’t think it’s as much as he believes, but it is massively greater than the left wing ideologues would have you believe.

I have mixed reviews on our republic as a structure of governance. Of course he would grade himself with an A+ and the leftist would give him an F. I have to give him a D. Honestly if he wouldn’t have screwed us with the bump-stock EO he would have scored much higher. Still likely not the A+ he would claim but better than most presidents in my lifetime.

I guess my point in all my rambling is on the world stage we are so polarized, that if you are to believe one side over the other you would have to recognize one side is delusional. I’m not so foolish to believe that this is *the worst it’s ever been* but I have to wonder what someone from another country with no real political ideology thinks when they see us behave in this manner.
    To grade the progress he’s made on one thing you find negative is fair? Your opinion for sure, but it sounds as if you’re giving him the grade based on the entirety of our government, instead of his record alone. A government that was here long before he was elected. If you need help deciding what big positive things he’s done for our country I could make a list, but you really have to be turning a blind eye to say he’s not done well for the country. I realize with nearly every media outlet spewing anti Trump BS and a near blackout when it comes to his accomplishments a lot of people will live ignorant or in denial about it. Just look at the constant unprecedented attacks from the left and ask yourself why they’re willing to show their true nature and lose so much ground now.
    I also realize many folks will never be happy with any POTUS, but I don’t understand why they can’t be honest with themselves. I’d like to pose a serious question to everyone here: has there been a president in your lifetime that you feel has done more good for this country, more positive changes to affect our economy, our security, our status on the world stage? I’ve seen 10 US presidents in my days. Born right after JFK was assassinated so I don’t count him. I think I’ve seen one better than Trump. I’d say Reagan was a better POTUS than Trump if there was one in my lifetime. I was an adult and I saw the difference his 2 terms made at a time when we had taken some really bad turns. His second term was a shoe in because nobody could deny that the country was in the best shape it had been in decades. I’ve not seen a better POTUS since Reagan. Trump will have another term and may even outdo Reagan, who knows. Even with the left fighting him tooth and nail at every turn, he’s managed to turn many things around. To deny that is unrealistic to say the least. I imagine I could find a few reasons to hate him, but I’d rather open my eyes and appreciate the positive and feel content that we have a leader that’s trying to work for us for a change.
    Yes sir, I’ll appreciate another 4 years of Trump.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Some other countries are far worse! There are plenty of videos of foreign country's governing bodies actually trying to kill each other in session.

As for our mess, it is clearly obvious that democrats are not just playing politics, they are insane. It is also clearly obvious they would rather the country tank at the feet of Trump, than to see it prosper to the benefit of all Americans.

Last night showed millions of Americans just how much disdain the democrats have for the middle and working classes, as well as the underachieving class. If as a democrat Congressman, you can't appreciate some of the achievements that Trump has accomplished in his 3 tumultuous years, you are unfit to serve ANY constituency.

I wish I could say they will pay for this at the ballot box, but they won't. Their districts are just as hateful as they are.
    Well said sir!

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    It’s like professional wrestling without the body slams or chairs to the back.
    You have good guys and bad, and they change sides every now and then.
    When the cameras turn off, they are all in the same country club lifestyle probably drinking a couple beers and eating out together.
    Maybe not Pelosi and the Squad, they just plain *ignert*

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    d4e3516c7902b30f7c5197ec8cc5cd8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I was waiting for Nasty Nancy to jump on a
    Broom and fly out the room.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    To grade the progress he’s made on one thing you find negative is fair? Your opinion for sure, but it sounds as if you’re giving him the grade based on the entirety of our government, instead of his record alone. A government that was here long before he was elected. If you need help deciding what big positive things he’s done for our country I could make a list, but you really have to be turning a blind eye to say he’s not done well for the country. I realize with nearly every media outlet spewing anti Trump BS and a near blackout when it comes to his accomplishments a lot of people will live ignorant or in denial about it. Just look at the constant unprecedented attacks from the left and ask yourself why they’re willing to show their true nature and lose so much ground now.
    I also realize many folks will never be happy with any POTUS, but I don’t understand why they can’t be honest with themselves. I’d like to pose a serious question to everyone here: has there been a president in your lifetime that you feel has done more good for this country, more positive changes to affect our economy, our security, our status on the world stage? I’ve seen 10 US presidents in my days. Born right after JFK was assassinated so I don’t count him. I think I’ve seen one better than Trump. I’d say Reagan was a better POTUS than Trump if there was one in my lifetime. I was an adult and I saw the difference his 2 terms made at a time when we had taken some really bad turns. His second term was a shoe in because nobody could deny that the country was in the best shape it had been in decades. I’ve not seen a better POTUS since Reagan. Trump will have another term and may even outdo Reagan, who knows. Even with the left fighting him tooth and nail at every turn, he’s managed to turn many things around. To deny that is unrealistic to say the least. I imagine I could find a few reasons to hate him, but I’d rather open my eyes and appreciate the positive and feel content that we have a leader that’s trying to work for us for a change.

I’m grading him so low on how he’s affected the republic. He’s been great for the economy, and he has done a lot of good stuff for the country. But he also set some dangerous precedence and the bump stock ban was a major failure.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Are you sure millions of Americans saw the same thing you and I did clearly you concede these dip$hits won’t pay for it at the ballot box. If that’s the case it’s probably because through their prism of the world they saw an ego maniacal racist, bigot, right winger. They clearly don’t understand political science because Trump is a Blue Dog Democrat. On a slightly less contemporary political scale.

My prior commentary wasn’t to denigrate our great nation but to pose the idea of ‘what would a complete outsider think’, if they had no prior political leanings and were tuning in to the State of the Union and following commentary. Our divisions are extraordinary on seemingly every political issue, and both sides project ulterior motivates to the other.

I dare not acknowledged the idea of how we got here. But with such great difference if I were an outsider looking in I would wonder how on earth could they ever move forward on any issues.

If we lived in a country where everyone was just slightly educated at an average level, there would be none of this crap to this extent. Case and point is Pelosi's pathetic excuse for dishonoring the decorum of the House, "It (the speech), was all lies!" An educated populace would have enough self-determination to check the facts, then completely reject this nonsense coming from the democrats, and the corrupt and complicit media.

Only a person blinded by total hatred could be educated and still believe anything the democrats are selling. Think about that.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

This current state of affairs and meltdown by these democrats and their sycophants is what happens when a President of the US emerges with an anti-status quo agenda, and actually gets it done despite the seemingly insurmountable challenges. I hate to say it, but a lot of republicans still hate Trump too, but they saw the effect he had on their impending elections and they were forced played ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom