Polymer 80 Glock 43 frame

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Nothing on Polymer 80s site, but I did find some pre-order info on rockey brass

https://www.rockeybrass.com/Polymer-80-Glock-43-PF9SS-80-Single-Stack-Pistol-Frame-Kit_p_7562.html

Looks interesting, however I really want a 43x, and this frame will not accept the 10rd mag or the shield arms 15rd mag.

From what I remember the slide is the same on the 43 and 43x. Guessing all of the frame small parts are the same too.

I had assembled quite a few of the other sizes of Poly 80 frames and I do like what they have done with the ergos, texture, etc.

What do you guys/gals think?

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    Nothing on Polymer 80s site, but I did find some pre-order info on rockey brass

https://www.rockeybrass.com/Polymer-80-Glock-43-PF9SS-80-Single-Stack-Pistol-Frame-Kit_p_7562.html

Looks interesting, however I really want a 43x, and this frame will not accept the 10rd mag or the shield arms 15rd mag.

From what I remember the slide is the same on the 43 and 43x. Guessing all of the frame small parts are the same too.

I had assembled quite a few of the other sizes of Poly 80 frames and I do like what they have done with the ergos, texture, etc.

What do you guys/gals think?

Not an answer to your question, but I was wondering how hard it is to do one of those 80% frames. Is it pretty easy to finish one of these things for the average person?

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Not an answer to your question, but I was wondering how hard it is to do one of those 80% frames. Is it pretty easy to finish one of these things for the average person?

they are very easy. I've done ALOT of AR15 80% rifles. just recently a few months ago did my first poly80 Pistol frame ( PF45 ). took me 30 mins to mill it, and assembly is no different than any other Glock. The hardest part is usually the fine filing/working the material for smooth operation once you have it put together.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    There is one hybrid in the works to use the upper of a G43 to go onto A P365 grip and use 365 mags.

I personally think polymer 80 would come out with a G43X type grip. This would affect sale for Glock. The G43 owners could just go that route. Provided the S15 and G43X mags work.

I looked at doing this for fun, but saw I was going to wind up with a $700 pistol I built vs a $500 pistol Glock already sell, get it here used and can save a little more.

I also think Sheild will do what they started too and finish the mag for the G43. Thinking it would be a 9 rounder, and the current extensions would fit, so you could have one with 12/13 rounds with a grip length between the G43 & the G43X.

Just my 2 cents. YMMV

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    A 43 mag with 9rd capacity would be slick for sure.

I picked up a 43x, and will get a poly 80 43 frame and lower parts kit when they are available. Just for some options.

The poly 80 frames are super easy to finish. I use a razor knife and a sharp chisel. And a drill to do the pin holes.

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    they are very easy. I've done ALOT of AR15 80% rifles. just recently a few months ago did my first poly80 Pistol frame ( PF45 ). took me 30 mins to mill it, and assembly is no different than any other Glock. The hardest part is usually the fine filing/working the material for smooth operation once you have it put together.

Thanks!

Top Bottom