Trump Not Guilty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I must admit ignorance on the rules until now. I had no concern the Senate would impeach Trump. So I had no need to study up on the rules.

I will say I knew Romney to be a giant knob gobbler but to be such a vindictive dick bag and blame it on his conscience and religion
    was impressive. He will regret his decision come election time.

The House already voted to Impeach. The Senate was voting on wether or not to remove him from office. The Senate never votes to Impeach, that is the House.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The House already voted to Impeach. The Senate was voting on wether or not to remove him from office. The Senate never votes to Impeach, that is the House.

Right I suppose I used the wrong word. They voted to convict or acquit. Sentence would have been removal from office. I wasn’t clear on vote requirements. Seems like 2/3’s would be a lower standard of justice compared to other criminal cases in this country. I wouldn’t expect 100:0 odds but seems 66 is a still a low bar. Maybe I would have felt differently had the Republicans had the stones to impeach Obama. I like to think not but I’m only human.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Was it ever in question it would go through the senate? I became bored of it before the investigation started. Still, I think the witnesses should not have been blocked.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Today the Senate voted on the articles of impeachment and Trump was found not guilty.
    Please feel free to discuss briskly.

Aside from the lack of civility our nation's leadership are demonstrating... (See "Declaration of Conscience" M.C.Smith) The Democrats are abusing the Judicial Branch and now Senate at a level I have never seen in my lifetime. It's despicable. After the "Russian Collusion Investigation" (R. Mueller) which was based on Obama Era DOJ abuse of powers, and the politically funded "Steele Dossier" (Hillary's Campaign and DNC) led to the entire investigation is nothing less than treasonous. We can pretend it was a series of mistakes, but it was clearly an attempt to nullify the results of the 2016 Presidential Election and oust President Trump. The "DNC Partisan Impeachment Sham" (DNC, Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler, Schumer, et al.) is further abuse of powers of the Senate. President Trump and Candidate Trump, and many of his team and cabinet have had their constitutional rights abused significantly. I'm waiting in awe, wondering when justice will be served?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Aside from the lack of civility our nation's leadership are demonstrating... (See "Declaration of Conscience" M.C.Smith) The Democrats are abusing the Judicial Branch and now Senate at a level I have never seen in my lifetime. It's despicable. After the "Russian Collusion Investigation" (R. Mueller) which was based on Obama Era DOJ abuse of powers, and the politically funded "Steele Dossier" (Hillary's Campaign and DNC) led to the entire investigation is nothing less than treasonous. We can pretend it was a series of mistakes, but it was clearly an attempt to nullify the results of the 2016 Presidential Election and oust President Trump. The "DNC Partisan Impeachment Sham" (DNC, Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler, Schumer, et al.) is further abuse of powers of the Senate. President Trump and Candidate Trump, and many of his team and cabinet have had their constitutional rights abused significantly. I'm waiting in awe, wondering when justice will be served?
    All that and abuse of US Intelligence agencies. They were spying on Trump long before he was elected using the FBI at the very least and the DOJ just gave up the FISA warrants over and over again although it was obviously politically motivated and by the Democratic Party. Not hard to see the entire mountain of obstacles to his presidency has been delivered by the left. I hope the American people hold them accountable (at the ballot box) as a party for a long time to come. I feel like the next Democrat POTUS will be the complete demise of this country.

Top Bottom