Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Mmm-K
    Perez is right.
    *Disclaimer: Not on the vetted list. Defer all serious inquiries to the resident experts.*

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
    Whenever the rifle I am eyeing gets bumped I check the thread to see if there was a price drop. There are 5-6 guns I wouldn't mind picking up from the classifieds, but I think the prices are either too high or its not high enough on my priority list right now. Honestly, there are so many good deals on new guns right now that has been able to keep me occupied lately.
    Absolutely. Itís a buyerís market for sure. About the only thing that is not at an all time low is ammo and components. Hopefully those prices will come down before everything goes up again.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    Around June of 2017, perhaps July, I sold a brand new S&W M&P 2.0 in the classifieds here.

I had $398 in the pistol, and sold it for $400 even. It sold quickly, as I think I priced it correctly.

I've sold other things on the classifieds here, and had a few not sell as well.

I always try to price my items fairly.

When I see a used pistol listed for $145 more than I can purchase it for, retail, brand new, it matters not to me how lightly, or gently, it was used.

When posting classified ads, please do a little research. Nobody cares how bad of a decision you made when you over paid for that gun you no longer want.
    You should expect to take a loss on a firearm that is modern production, if you bought it new and now it's used. I don't care if you brought it home, opened the box and only carried it once. It's a used gun.

I'll passive aggressively vent my frustrations here, in an obscure thread, in a very 'off topic' manner, instead of taking a dump in somebody's classified ad.

Thank you for listening. (reading)
    BRAVO!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by troy_mclure View Post
    its not just guns, its everything down here. up north people like to bargain and deal.
    down here everybodys "crap" is "special" and they think they can get retail for a 10yr old item.
    then they get angry if you offer a reasonable(current market value) amount, calling you a "cheap ass and lowballer".
    Same as out west too. It seem like a lot of folks in southern Louisiana are unable to differentiate between the retail purchase price of a thing and that thing's inherent value after the purchase. Maybe I should get mad at the car dealer that won't give me trade in value of 5% over MSRP for my 5 year old truck too.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by troy_mclure View Post
    its not just guns, its everything down here. up north people like to bargain and deal.
    down here everybodys "crap" is "special" and they think they can get retail for a 10yr old item.
    then they get angry if you offer a reasonable(current market value) amount, calling you a "cheap ass and lowballer".
    Well I grew up in south western Pennsylvania and we have almost nothing in common with people from NY city or Philadelphia. My wife grew up in rural Mississippi and we have more in common then those people. So not everyone who happened to be born in the north likes bargain and negotiate.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dwr461 View Post
    Well I grew up in south western Pennsylvania and we have almost nothing in common with people from NY city or Philadelphia. My wife grew up in rural Mississippi and we have more in common then those people. So not everyone who happened to be born in the north likes bargain and negotiate.

Dave

Pretty sure Troy was referring to Nawth Louisiana since that's where he's located....and not The Nawth...lol
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Pretty sure Troy was referring to Nawth Louisiana since that's where he's located....and not The Nawth...lol
    My bad I only gave a cursory look for his original post. Iíll be more careful in the future. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Dave

"All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.