A bit off topic about the classifieds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Whenever the rifle I am eyeing gets bumped I check the thread to see if there was a price drop. There are 5-6 guns I wouldn't mind picking up from the classifieds, but I think the prices are either too high or its not high enough on my priority list right now. Honestly, there are so many good deals on new guns right now that has been able to keep me occupied lately.
    Absolutely. It’s a buyer’s market for sure. About the only thing that is not at an all time low is ammo and components. Hopefully those prices will come down before everything goes up again.

NolaRick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2019
    NOLA
    Around June of 2017, perhaps July, I sold a brand new S&W M&P 2.0 in the classifieds here.

I had $398 in the pistol, and sold it for $400 even. It sold quickly, as I think I priced it correctly.

I've sold other things on the classifieds here, and had a few not sell as well.

I always try to price my items fairly.

When I see a used pistol listed for $145 more than I can purchase it for, retail, brand new, it matters not to me how lightly, or gently, it was used.

When posting classified ads, please do a little research. Nobody cares how bad of a decision you made when you over paid for that gun you no longer want.
    You should expect to take a loss on a firearm that is modern production, if you bought it new and now it's used. I don't care if you brought it home, opened the box and only carried it once. It's a used gun.

I'll passive aggressively vent my frustrations here, in an obscure thread, in a very 'off topic' manner, instead of taking a dump in somebody's classified ad.

Thank you for listening. (reading)

BRAVO!!!

NolaRick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2019
    NOLA
    its not just guns, its everything down here. up north people like to bargain and deal.
    down here everybodys "crap" is "special" and they think they can get retail for a 10yr old item.
    then they get angry if you offer a reasonable(current market value) amount, calling you a "cheap ass and lowballer".

Same as out west too. It seem like a lot of folks in southern Louisiana are unable to differentiate between the retail purchase price of a thing and that thing's inherent value after the purchase. Maybe I should get mad at the car dealer that won't give me trade in value of 5% over MSRP for my 5 year old truck too.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    its not just guns, its everything down here. up north people like to bargain and deal.
    down here everybodys "crap" is "special" and they think they can get retail for a 10yr old item.
    then they get angry if you offer a reasonable(current market value) amount, calling you a "cheap ass and lowballer".

Well I grew up in south western Pennsylvania and we have almost nothing in common with people from NY city or Philadelphia. My wife grew up in rural Mississippi and we have more in common then those people. So not everyone who happened to be born in the north likes bargain and negotiate.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well I grew up in south western Pennsylvania and we have almost nothing in common with people from NY city or Philadelphia. My wife grew up in rural Mississippi and we have more in common then those people. So not everyone who happened to be born in the north likes bargain and negotiate.

Dave

Pretty sure Troy was referring to Nawth Louisiana since that's where he's located....and not The Nawth...lol

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Pretty sure Troy was referring to Nawth Louisiana since that's where he's located....and not The Nawth...lol

My bad I only gave a cursory look for his original post. I’ll be more careful in the future. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Dave

bullseye717

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 19, 2018
    Westwego, LA
    I'm seeing crazy prices on here that's super unreasonable. No one wants to buy your mangled Glock for $200 over a brand new one. I love the dudes selling XDs and M&Ps like they're investment heirlooms. Hey you can usually buy those guns with an optic for a lot less than whatever garbage you dumped into your gun. No one is buying your mistake. This reeks of the dudes who mods their 97 Civic and posts "No lowballers, I know what I have" on Craigslist.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central

Dave

well of course not everyone is the same, but i found far more people willing to "wheel and deal" in the northern states, and country/rural folk seem to do more than urban/city dwellers.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My rant is for the guys that hit you up one time with a lowball offer and then go silent . If you're not serious go away . Not responding to PM's is chickenshit .

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    My rant is for the guys that hit you up one time with a lowball offer and then go silent . If you're not serious go away . Not responding to PM's is chickenshit .

I usually ignore anyone that makes ridiculous offers, PM's me asking to message them offsite, or wastes time telling me where they can find a better deal.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

On the flip side, some people make a reasonable offer that is below the asking price. If the seller has an unreasonable asking price and their reply suggests they won't budge, the seller will act as if the reasonable offer is a lowball offer and reply accordingly. Why would the buyer not go silent? If I'm willing to pay the fair market price for something and I make an offer and the seller isn't interested in the "lowball" offer, I don't have any reason to haggle for compromise when I'm not willing to pay more than I initially offered. I'm going to go silent too.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    On the flip side, some people make a reasonable offer that is below the asking price. If the seller has an unreasonable asking price and their reply suggests they won't budge, the seller will act as if the reasonable offer is a lowball offer and reply accordingly. Why would the buyer not go silent? If I'm willing to pay the fair market price for something and I make an offer and the seller isn't interested in the "lowball" offer, I don't have any reason to haggle for compromise when I'm not willing to pay more than I initially offered. I'm going to go silent too.

All of that might be true if that was what happened . Not even close .

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    one good thing on here, ive never been left hanging, waiting at a meetup point with no contact from sellers/buyers on here .
    unlike other pages/sites.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    one good thing on here, ive never been left hanging, waiting at a meetup point with no contact from sellers/buyers on here .
    unlike other pages/sites.

You're lucky.

I've not only had people completely disappear and break contact, I've also driven out of my way after confirming that the buyer had cash in hand only to be called when I arrive that they found a better deal.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    You're lucky.

I've not only had people completely disappear and break contact, I've also driven out of my way after confirming that the buyer had cash in hand only to be called when I arrive that they found a better deal.
    damn, that sucks.

Top Bottom