meplat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    I've never used them for business but after chatting for a bit, Meplat seems good in my book.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I stopped in one day and chatted with Kenny and I’d say he seems awesome. If I ever get around to getting any NFA stuff I’ll definitely use him!

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Holy crap, thanks for the kind words guys. I don’t know about the best in town but we do try. I think we are the best in the state when it comes to NFA items.

On Title I stuff we definitely have a smaller selection just because our footprint is smaller and I prefer to concentrate on NFA weapons and suppressor hosts but we do keep a nice selection of Glocks.

For hunting shotguns I send people to Puglias and for optics I send them to Interstate because I think they each have the widest selection in those areas. I try to stay in my lane.

In any event, the kindness is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill.LA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    New Orleans
    is meplat really the best FFL in town, been seeing so much about them

is meplat really the best FFL in town, been seeing so much about them
    I used them for an FFL transfer in 2020 (when covid was just becoming a thing). I remember being happy with the service, in spite of all the lockdown rules in the state at that time. I don't remember the transfer fee, but I remember being pleased with it.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    It took many years to get off my butt and schedual an appointment. The only bad part of the whole experience is just the hour drive there. It's a one stop shop and they do everything for you. You just sign the trust stuff and pay. If you want to buy something after the fact, you can do it over the phone and you dont have to go there in person again. I also liked I can ask any questions I wanted and was given a solid answer.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I bought three suppressors from Kenny also. Other then him being pretty far from Zachary, I don't have a single complaint. He explained everything in detail, stepped me through the process and made excellent recommendations.

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    Suppressors can be complicated. I set up an appointment with Kenny. We talked for about and hour and a half. He never rushed me and explained specs on a ton of suppressors and various QD mounts. I imagine if silencers were not NFA items they would be common use right now and you could just get a demo from your neighbor but right now that is not the case.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Move to Norway. One can purchase a silencer in a hardware store unrestricted/walk out with it in 2 minutes. 100% legal. Or via mail order on line.

Finland: you just have to show them your Firearm Ownership Permit, make the purchase, and walk out. 2 minutes max.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I imagine if silencers were not NFA items they would be common use right now and you could just get a demo from your neighbor but right now that is not the case.
    Some what off topic, I think Meplat rents cans, machine guns etc at their range in Cut off. So perhaps you can test them out there. I do know you can shoot your can there while the paper work clears which is awesome.

But when the time comes for me to add one to my trust they set up, i'm just going to have them advise whats best then go pick it up in cut off when the stamp comes in. Which reminds me, you can pick up items at their range which is very convenient for me.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Some what off topic, I think Meplat rents cans, machine guns etc at their range in Cut off. So perhaps you can test them out there. I do know you can shoot your can there while the paper work clears which is awesome.

But when the time comes for me to add one to my trust they set up, i'm just going to have them advise whats best then go pick it up in cut off when the stamp comes in. Which reminds me, you can pick up items at their range which is very convenient for me.
    Yup, I think his long term is to have a lot of the popular suppressor types there as rental cans so you can bring your host gun and try them out to see how you like the cans on your guns before you buy. I dont know anyone else that has ever done that.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Yup, I think his long term is to have a lot of the popular suppressor types there as rental cans so you can bring your host gun and try them out to see how you like the cans on your guns before you buy. I dont know anyone else that has ever done that.

Yes, we will have that set up shortly. I think we have several cans waiting on the F3 process to go down to the range as demos. The hardest part is deciding what we want to demo and then host gust etc. as my original list would have cost me about $25k but we are starting with about $8k of cans and demo hosts and working up from there.

This was something I wanted to do a while ago but got distracted by two products that have just come to fruition, the first is that we will now be a Vortex dealer and will run Vortex scopes on all of our scopes rental guns. This was huge for me as I have been a fan of Vortex’s customer service model for years.

The other is that we just got sub-distributor status with Glock so we can sell blue label Glocks. We are set up with St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office payroll deduction program and if your department has a similar program let us know and we will be happy to enroll.

We were already a stocking dealer and range dealer for Glock so you can come rent a variety of Glock handguns and try them in our range.

Just trying to slowly but surely add product lines and offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    On my 2nd can with Kenny. Like a member stated earlier finally got off my ass after about 10 years of talking and finally did my trust at the beginning of 2022. Kenny was awesome and walked me through everything and was never rushed. Won’t use another for my nfa items.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Move to Norway. One can purchase a silencer in a hardware store unrestricted/walk out with it in 2 minutes. 100% legal. Or via mail order on line.

Finland: you just have to show them your Firearm Ownership Permit, make the purchase, and walk out. 2 minutes max.
    New Zealand has 'trade me' which is their version of Ebay. When I was there a silencer could be bought on trade me for about $35.00. No questions asked!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom