New Orleans Police Glock 22 Gen 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dieselhorses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’ve owned a few Glocks in my lifetime but can someone identify these wear marks and tell me if I need another slide or have it lapped? Not affecting anything that I can see.

725f6f326dc3dc77110d9025dff54a5c.jpg

1d66b5ac41d891151f5814d0af1fcdac.jpg

d551530795b8cae0e580c916f8b2bbe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’ve owned a few Glocks in my lifetime but can someone identify these wear marks and tell me if I need another slide or have it lapped? Not affecting anything that I can see.

Weird. Mine has the same wear. I've never seen that before ... I looked at a few of my older Glocks and none of them have it (nor do my newer ones that I shoot a lot).

That said, my gun shoots just fine. I have no imminent plans to change anything.

Mike

Edit: I just did some Googling. Seems like it's common on some of these older Glocks for the locking block to "peen" against the inside of the slide. It's normal wear, and the locking block will only peen to a point ... so unless you see it getting visibly worse, it's probably just fine.

Last edited:

Dieselhorses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Weird. Mine has the same wear. I've never seen that before ... I looked at a few of my older Glocks and none of them have it (nor do my newer ones that I shoot a lot).

That said, my gun shoots just fine. I have no imminent plans to change anything.

Mike

Edit: I just did some Googling. Seems like it's common on some of these older Glocks for the locking block to "peen" against the inside of the slide. It's normal wear, and the locking block will only peen to a point ... so unless you see it getting visibly worse, it's probably just fine.

So despite it being a gen 3 it'll do that. Haven't shot it that much but considering where it came from, I'm sure a few thousand rounds made it through it. Thanks!

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    I believe it has to do with the design of the locking block coupled with Fram flex under recoil. The higher serial numbered guns have a different locking block with out that slide wear.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Its normal and cosmetic only. Symptomatic of early Gen 3 guns, especially 40 cal. Google it. The whole nopd batch has them.

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not losing sleep over it. I'm glad to know what it is and that it's not symptomatic of a larger problem, and I suspect that the gun will run fine for tens of thousands more rounds without a hitch.

Mike

Scott5.0

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Loranger, LA
    My gun is in the upper 1800's serial number wise and it has the same marks on the slide. Absolutely no issues shooting the gun. I think it is a bit concerning to break your pistol down for the first time and see those marks but it looks like it's only a cosmetic issue. Glock's and their little quirks :D

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    For anyone that missed out on the 1st two batches. Gretna Gun has 50 more NOPD G22 in stock

Scott5.0

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Loranger, LA
    Barney's Police Supply in Metairie has them. $310 with 2 mags if you pay cash ($325 otherwise if I remember correctly.)

I'd call and see if they have any first but they told me they have been getting regular shipments of them in.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Barney's Police Supply in Metairie has them. $310 with 2 mags if you pay cash ($325 otherwise if I remember correctly.)

I'd call and see if they have any first but they told me they have been getting regular shipments of them in.

I got one there a few months ago for $300 cash. A nice one too!

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This hurts to read ... that nine months ago, ex-NOPD Glock 22's were selling for $279.

With all of the panic right now they're each worth about eighty bajillion dollars, with the ammo selling for another bajillion per round ...

Mike

Scott5.0

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Loranger, LA
    My NOPD Glock peeps, stopped by Barneys Police Supply in Metairie today to buy an NOPD Glock 22. They had 6 guns in the case but they told me they recently got 100 more guns that will be available for sale next Wednesday (12/9). Apparently, they have quite a few guns that look like they have seen little use.

$299.99 with two 15 round mags (comes out to about $330 with tax). Both of my mags are the LEO restricted marked magazines.

The guns in the display case have holster wear and the typical dirty internals that seem to plaque LEO trade-in guns, but if you are looking for a truck gun or a gun that you are not worried about beating up, they are hard to beat for the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom