Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    On Target

User Info Menu

There is now a second bill, HB72 by McCormick: http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/BillInfo.aspx?i=237495

Neither bill removes the carry permit as an option.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Can we get some contact information for the representatives that we need to reach out to?

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GunRelated View Post
    Can we get some contact information for the representatives that we need to reach out to?
    Danny McCormick: hse001@legis.la.gov http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Reps/members.aspx?ID=1

Sherman Mack: macks@legis.la.gov http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Reps/members.aspx?ID=95

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

On Target

User Info Menu

Not removing the carry permit even if we have constitutional carry is a good thing. Having the carry permit means no pacing back and forth at the gun shop for 45 minutes while they are on hold with NICS waiting on the proceed. It also means you can carry in what, 37 or so more states with reciprocal agreements. Yes, pass the constitutional carry bill but leave the option to get the CCW permit in place.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Let's just use this number as a ball park figure.

Take half, because I don't know how many of those people have lifetime permits or were issued permits free of charge.

100,000 permits at $125 each = $12.5M; now divide that by 5 years and you end up with $2.5M a year. In the grand scheme of things, $2.5M per year is pretty good revenue for a plastic card, even when you start subtracting the amount of money it takes to run the program at LSP.
    Take Salaries, Retirement and Healthcare Benefits, Offices and Computers, etc. out of 2.5 million, leaves not much, BUT it is another Government Tax and Control over Citizens Rights.
    Colonel Talbot CSA

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by glimmerman View Post
    Take Salaries, Retirement and Healthcare Benefits, Offices and Computers, etc. out of 2.5 million, leaves not much, BUT it is another Government Tax and Control over Citizens Rights.
    When is the last time you think the state government actually looked at the whole picture? They look at money coming in and worry about the rest when it's too late.

Years and years of debt prove that.
    *Disclaimer: Not on the vetted list. Defer all serious inquiries to the resident experts.*

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by glimmerman View Post
    When is the last time you think the state government actually looked at the whole picture? They look at money coming in and worry about the rest when it's too late.

Years and years of debt prove that.
    It might also be worth mentioning when a department is downsized or eliminated government employees more often than not, get reassigned instead of being laid-off.

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I have my opinions about why it's both good and bad.

Regardless, what I find comical is the people whose only excuse is that you are giving the government your information, don't realize that they already have your information.

"But they take your fingerprints"

Yea? Ever applied for a Federally regulated TWIC? Ever been logged into DISA?
    There is nothing funny about data breaches. I heard a rumor that LSP itself, got breached last week but were keeping it under wraps to assess the size and scope of it. If that is true, and they end up not telling the public, that is all a person needs to know about handing over more personal information to government bureaucracies.

Quite frankly, they can't be trusted to keep it safe!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    There is nothing funny about data breaches. I heard a rumor that LSP itself, got breached last week but were keeping it under wraps to assess the size and scope of it. If that is true, and they end up not telling the public, that is all a person needs to know about handing over more personal information to government bureaucracies.

Quite frankly, they can't be trusted to keep it safe!
    Chances are, your bank has had data breaches at some point. Hell, the IRS has had data breaches.

At some point in your life, you have given the government, public entities, and private entities your personal information. If that's someone's reasoning for not obtaining a CHP, so be it, but I don't invest much in Reynolds Wrap.
    *Disclaimer: Not on the vetted list. Defer all serious inquiries to the resident experts.*

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Chances are, your bank has had data breaches at some point. Hell, the IRS has had data breaches.

At some point in your life, you have given the government, public entities, and private entities your personal information. If that's someone's reasoning for not obtaining a CHP, so be it, but I don't invest much in Reynolds Wrap.
    So, in your view, we should all just take it; because that is the way it goes? If you get all your retirement stolen or your bank accounts cleaned out, oh well? That's the breaks? I don't agree with that.

It doesn't matter, either! If I voluntarily provide my info for something I choose to do, then that is the risk I take. If you make me give you my personal info, like for a CHP or a Driver's License, then it is YOUR responsibility to keep my info secure. If you can't, you shouldn't have that info. That is the difference. The biggest problem is government bureaucracies are not accountable to us for anything like that.

The internet is worthless when it comes to digital security, and dummies on computers in companies and bureaucracies are the biggest culprits. It is only going to get worse. Tin foil has nothing to do with the reality.

FWIW, I am constantly trying to draw down on my personal digital info on the internet and in databases. If others don't care what they have out there, or the pitfalls that lurk, that is their business!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!