Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast
    Me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Yes...he's got me there. I had to rely on a guy who does IT work with the state.
    My work involves a lot of interaction with the DEQ. I know for a fact that their servers were hacked a month or so ago. The hack involved quite a few state offices in Baton Rouge. It took then a while to get it straightened out. Don't know whether that included the state police office or not.

Threadender

User Info Menu

I e-mailed my local representative, Rodney Schamerhorn, and voiced my support of HB56. I also voiced my support of his bill HB59 that would open the taking of outlaw quadrupeds at night for the entire calendar year and remove the requirement of notifying the local sheriff.

I also asked him to include language in the bill that would remove the 3 shot restriction on shotguns for the taking of all game except migratory birds. I searched the internet for the wildlife regulations in all 50 states and found that only Louisiana and New Jersey have a 3 shot restriction on shotguns for game other than migratory birds. It doesn't make any sense to allow a hunter to hunt with a rifle that can hold an unlimited number or rounds and restrict a shotgun to only 3 rounds.

He replied immediately and thanked me for contacting him about support for this legislation and said he would contact LDWF to get their opinion concerning the 3 shot restriction on shotguns.
    Last edited by tbone; February 18th, 2020 at 05:59 AM.
    Live and learn. Die and forget it all.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    If they were breached, they're keeping it from their IT people.
    I wouldn't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    But he heard a rumor.
    Just in case you were confused by what my statement was?!?

ru•mor roo͞′mər►

n.
    A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
    n.
    Unverified information received from another; hearsay.
    transitive verb
    To spread or tell by rumor.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I wouldn't know.
    Then it's a good thing I was here to let you know.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bowtechshooter69 View Post
    My work involves a lot of interaction with the DEQ. I know for a fact that their servers were hacked a month or so ago. The hack involved quite a few state offices in Baton Rouge. It took then a while to get it straightened out. Don't know whether that included the state police office or not.
    Funny; I never heard that mentioned (about DEQ), anywhere the public would go to get news?!? Maybe I missed that announcement!
    Last edited by Emperor; February 18th, 2020 at 11:55 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Funny; I never heard that mentioned (about DEQ), anywhere the public would go to get news?!? Maybe I missed that announcement!
    The state is still fixing stuff from the hack from the end of November. Since then, servers have had to be moved and rebuilt and restored. Almost every system was affected either directly or through preventative measures being taken. So there were times when a system was taken offline for work but that does not mean that system was just hacked.

Marksman

User Info Menu

IF you want this to pass, contact your representative and senator and tell them you're in favor of the bill. Also, get as many people as you can to do the very same. It's only grass roots pressure that will get this billed passed into law.
    The greater majority of my vast fortune I've spent on women whiskey & weapons......The rest, I just pissed away.

If you find yourself in a fair gun fight; your tactics suck !

"The only easy day is yesterday."

Guns don't kill people; cell phones do!

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    Attends ... I'm sure the Bloomberg lawyers are busy writing up laws that will help us deplorables.

Mike

This is sarcasm, right? Boombug is as anti-gun as they come.

User Info Menu

Please keep sharing this information!

User Info Menu

If passed, it will likely resemble Mississippi's CHP.
    In order for reciprocity to be extended, to other states, a Louisiana resident will still need an actual hard card permit to be eligible.
    Constitutional Carry will only be recognized within Louisiana for individuals legal to own a handgun.