GMC dealer recommendations? (BR area)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    Any suggestions for a GMC dealer? I’m looking for someone with a good service department, honest, provides loaner cars, and decent waiting room. Will be buying also. Thanks.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    The dealer I dealt with for my 2019 Sierra purchase as Mossy GMC in Picayune. I know it was a drive but it was the best experience in buying a truck that I have ever had, and i have purchased a few. I dealt with their internet person and then met with Joey Miciello, the sales person. The price they quoted in the online offer was what they had the paper work written up for, no haggling at all. We went on at least a 50 mile test drive, no short around the block and back crap. The finance guy, Bob Cooper was just as good. He explained everything and did not try and up sell on all of the insurance crap and extended warranty. Even the customer service person who helped me set up all of the on-board technology was great.
    I know it its a little bit of a drive, but call them you won't be disappointed.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    +1 for Mossy of Picayune. I know a couple of guys over there and they are top notch. I was in the auto parts business for about ten years and Mossy has some great people working for them. Worth the drive.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    But if you want to stay in Baton Rouge, my family has bought multiple vehicles over the years from Gerry Lane. No complaints. I have no personal experience with them other than with their parts department, which was excellent.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    Do you guys take your vehicles to Picayune for service items like recalls?

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Do you guys take your vehicles to Picayune for service items like recalls?

For recalls, you can take your vehicle to any GM dealer. For instance I bought my old truck on the Northshore. When a safety recall was issued, I took it to Bryan Chevrolet in Metairie because I worked right down the street. All GM dealers are required to do any recall work (for free) regardless of where the vehicle was purchased.

jneubig

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Houma
    For recalls, you can take your vehicle to any GM dealer. For instance I bought my old truck on the Northshore. When a safety recall was issued, I took it to Bryan Chevrolet in Metairie because I worked right down the street. All GM dealers are required to do any recall work (for free) regardless of where the vehicle was purchased.

This is correct on recalls. On other services such as regular warranty items, it is not required for any dealer to accept them. Some do and some don't. I work at the Cadillac/Chevy store in Houma and we do warranty work for any GM product (GMC and Buick) regardless of where it was purchased. Some dealers will only work on what was purchased there.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Ross Downing has been fantastic for us.
    Bought at the dealership in Hammond and been serviced there and in Gonzales once they bought the dealership on Hwy 30 here.

I wish I could find a Ford dealer with the same customer service

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Or you looking for a Truck or SUV?

If you are looking for an SUV, you may want to look at the cadillac counterpart of that model. They usually have better service and give loaner cars more often. I know every time I bring my Escalade to cadillac of metairie, they give me an escalade loaner.

Also have them price match this place:
    https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/

They have really good deals without having to haggle with them dealer. My brother in law was looking at the Seirra and was able to get one of the local dealers to match the price.

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I know the owner of Mossy and his wife very well. May daughter is friends with their twins. Good people, for sure

Another friend works at Ross Downing in Hammond, pretty sure he is the new car manager. Another good guy, true to his word. Sells alot of vettes!

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I take my GMC Sierra to All Star Chevrolet at South Sherwood and Airline for all of its service. They have one of the best service departments I've ever dealt with. Vehicle is photographed on check-in, waiting room is nice, and their time estimates on when things will be done are usually pretty spot-on.

Mike

Top Bottom